GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Had some fun with a Challenger on the highway

2015WhiteGTI

Go Kart Champion
Saw (and heard) a Dodge Challenger on the highway on my way home yesterday. He was egging me on so we went and I completely walked on him. I was behind him for one run and basically had to back out of it and get back into it and was able to reel him in with ease.
I'm sure this was "just" the standard 5.7 Hemi, so around 370HP is what I'm guessing. Couple that with a 4,000 lbs curb weight and it's not very quick in the end.
My car (see sig) should be just under 3,000 lbs. and a bit over 300HP with the APR CAI and Stage 1 tune.

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
He needed more people rowing that boat.

Inside of engine compartment: RAMMING SPEED!

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Way too heavy. My brother-in-law has a new scat pack with the 8spd and launch control. He's at 485? HP from the factory and I think they are good for low 12's. That power in a 3,000 lb car would b in the 10's

STLTDI

Passed Driver's Ed
Way too heavy. My brother-in-law has a new scat pack with the 8spd and launch control. He's at 485? HP from the factory and I think they are good for low 12's. That power in a 3,000 lb car would b in the 10's

Yeah and talk about hard to put the power down. The tires on that thing are constantly searching for traction.

2015WhiteGTI

Go Kart Champion
i didnt know stage 1 pushes our cars over 300hp? with just an intake

Stage 1 APR on 93 Octane is listed as 316HP and 381Ft. Lbs. of torque.

2015WhiteGTI

Go Kart Champion
to the crank

Right.

APR is quoted as 291WHP and 367WTQ.

But all the HP quotes I'm looking at for the Challenger are to the crank as well.

Chassis dyno's aren't really a good indicator of what an engine is making exactly. They're better to measure the delta before and after mods.

Firstboost

Go Kart Champion
to the crank

Am I missing something? Where did OP claim WHP figures? His original post said "a bit over 300HP" which is what APR claims.

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Even if whp was assumed, 9hp is pretty close to 300 imo lol

N10S

Ready to race!
I rented a Challenger R/T w/auto transmission 3-4 weeks back and it sounded great but felt really heavy to drive. It had a built in performance monitor for doing standing start to 100Km (62mph). I made several runs and the best I could muster was 7.2 seconds. The bottom line is that the weight of the car is a major factor in its basic configuration with 5.7 hemi. It was still kind of fun to drive, but after three days I was ready to give it back. :)

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Ya a few years ago I had a Challenger and it was thought to get a 7.0 flat, even with TC off.