GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Honda Civic SI Supercharged vs VW Golf MK7 GTI IS38 from Golf Mk7 R

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
Fastlax16, it was a different video. It had a 9th Gen Si vs 10th Gen civic 1.5T. 2 runs to 1/4 mile, the 10th gen winning both. In one of the runs they had the 10th gen on green mode lol! I can't find the video now, they might have pulled it.

I know it was a different video. I saw that one. I just posted this one which is a legit non biased test to show the new eco turbos arent that far off. The 8th and 9th gen SIs have basically the same performance.

This is the video(s) you are thinking of

johnnyveelish

Go Kart Champion
Yup those are the videos. Computer aided shifting is making a difference. I don't like to play the numbers game but yea it doesn't add up. Any FI cars has great potential. Don't know how much you can get out of 1.5 before you start having reliability issues. If the 1.5t is any indication though, the next Si should be a hell of a car.

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
Yup those are the videos. Computer aided shifting is making a difference. I don't like to play the numbers game but yea it doesn't add up. Any FI cars has great potential. Don't know how much you can get out of 1.5 before you start having reliability issues. If the 1.5t is any indication though, the next Si should be a hell of a car.

Indeed. About time too. When I was looking for the hondata videos I came across this one. In the budget performance department honda has pretty much been at a standstill for the past 20 years or so.

Apologies to the op for taking this off topic.

DC5 Redline

Passed Driver's Ed
The CT kit is about 4 grand for a k series motor not including labor. They're great engines, sometimes I wish I'd kept my rsx and gone forced induction on it. I'd be approaching 150,000 miles on it by now though so it's probably for the best that it's gone.

You should have kept yours. I have about 183K miles on mine; boosting 10.5 psi with an aftercooler, currently performing an E85 tune, and it’s still running strong.

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
You should have kept yours. I have about 183K miles on mine; boosting 10.5 psi with an aftercooler, currently performing an E85 tune, and it’s still running strong.

It's the only car I regret selling. I was just out of college. It needed a new clutch, I'd never had a car out of warranty and I was driving 6-7k miles a month for work so I panicked and sold it cuz I was poor. I ended up moving to nyc 12 months after I sold it and wouldn't have been able to keep it anyway so it was inevitable.