Step 2: Strip the interior

Step 3: A/C, Air Box and EGR delete

Step 4: Exhaust delete

Step 5: Bumpers delete

Step 6: Doors, hood and trunk delete

Step 7: Windshield delete

Step 8: 1/4 panels delete

Step 9: Roof delete

Step 10: Helmet, racing suit, gloves ...... and 10 second run here I come.... or maybe 9's All on the stock turbo!

PENROSE

Go Kart Champion
And two donut tires in the rear.

Man......in that thing.....you could put busses on...............EVERYTHING!!!

You could put a cruise ship on a Stg1 MK7 R

fatloserboi

Ready to race!
If I remember correctly that exact car ran like 16s and afterwards it was only in the 14s.. It lost like 1000lbs.. I'm not awesome at doing car math, that's WOLF's speciality.. I wonder how much a stock 14sec gti would drop by losing 1k lbs...

napadirt

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 2DR PP MT, Macan
What WOLF's car will look like in 6 months as he chases 10s and roll race wins against a C7 ZO6 :D

\w/

Ready to race!
I challenge WOLF to run with that. No more child's play with M4's

P.S. The name of the thread should've been "less than a stock MK 7 GTI 10 second 1/4 mile"

Last edited:

dwvw

Go Kart Newbie
I had the original copy of Super Street that article was in.

StopSweatinMe

Ready to race!
If I remember correctly that exact car ran like 16s and afterwards it was only in the 14s.. It lost like 1000lbs.. I'm not awesome at doing car math, that's WOLF's speciality.. I wonder how much a stock 14sec gti would drop by losing 1k lbs...

Generally speaking, losing 1000 pounds would shave 1 second off of the 1/4 mile time.

The 'rule' is .1 seconds quicker in the 1/4 for every hundred pounds lost.

So, a stage 2 GTi could hypothetically run low 11's on drag radials if it lost 1000 pounds. Or, an IS38 GTI could possibly break into the 10's with drag radials and a 1000 pound weight reduction.

It would be nice to see the results, but I can't see anyone chopping 1000 pounds off of their car. :D

dwvw

Go Kart Newbie
You're reveling your old age!

I am old, but most people who guess my age are about 12 years too low, I'll take it.