GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Regional Forums > Southwest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2018, 06:57 PM   #1
FastEggMk7
Member
 
Drives: 2016 VW Golf GTi S DSG P/P
Location: Texas
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 96
Cruises in Texas?

Anyone do any cruise or meets for VW's in Texas?
__________________
2016 CSG DSG GTi P/P

Mods: Intake, Muffler Delete, APR Stage 1 H/O Tune.

Future Mods: APR downpipe, Stage 2 APR Tune, Dogbone Insert
FastEggMk7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 05:52 PM   #2
TroyI
Senior Member
 
TroyI's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 GTI SE APR stage 1
Location: Texas
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 183
I'm cruising down to San Antonio Raceway near Seguine Friday night to see what my GTI can do on the 1/4 mile. Head there and meet up. 6pm-11:30pm.
TroyI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 06:18 AM   #3
MonkeyMD
Senior Member
 
MonkeyMD's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 VW Golf Tsi S Manual
Location: Central Tx
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 1,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyI View Post
I'm cruising down to San Antonio Raceway near Seguine Friday night to see what my GTI can do on the 1/4 mile. Head there and meet up. 6pm-11:30pm.
So, how'd it go?
MonkeyMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 05:11 PM   #4
TroyI
Senior Member
 
TroyI's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 GTI SE APR stage 1
Location: Texas
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 183
4 runs... best time was 13.84 at 105. pretty consistent.

I won 2 (beat a FBO Genesis and a Stock Challenger)
I lost 2 (newer 5.0 mustang and another GTI stage 2).... I'm stage 1
TroyI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 12:35 PM   #5
FastEggMk7
Member
 
Drives: 2016 VW Golf GTi S DSG P/P
Location: Texas
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyI View Post
I'm cruising down to San Antonio Raceway near Seguine Friday night to see what my GTI can do on the 1/4 mile. Head there and meet up. 6pm-11:30pm.
I'm doing the roll racing event tomorrow night. 30-40mph rolls. You guys should come over!
__________________
2016 CSG DSG GTi P/P

Mods: Intake, Muffler Delete, APR Stage 1 H/O Tune.

Future Mods: APR downpipe, Stage 2 APR Tune, Dogbone Insert
FastEggMk7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 01:57 PM   #6
TroyI
Senior Member
 
TroyI's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 GTI SE APR stage 1
Location: Texas
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 183
Ah... I'd love to do the roll racing at the track. I think the gti would do well. I'd go, but I have a bike race in Castelli Saturday morning early.

Be sure to post up here how it went. I'm very interested.
TroyI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 12:48 PM   #7
FastEggMk7
Member
 
Drives: 2016 VW Golf GTi S DSG P/P
Location: Texas
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyI View Post
Ah... I'd love to do the roll racing at the track. I think the gti would do well. I'd go, but I have a bike race in Castelli Saturday morning early.

Be sure to post up here how it went. I'm very interested.
Kinda late posting, but I ended up winning every race. I did choose who I raced, but I still won every race. LOL

Raced like 5 different full bolt on Mazdaspeed 3's and I beat them all. I raced my buddies Stock 2018 WRX STi and I smoked him. I raced several focus ST's and beat them too. My highest trap of the night from a 30mph roll was 108mph at the end of the track. It was a fun night! Going back the 1st Friday of May again.
__________________
2016 CSG DSG GTi P/P

Mods: Intake, Muffler Delete, APR Stage 1 H/O Tune.

Future Mods: APR downpipe, Stage 2 APR Tune, Dogbone Insert
FastEggMk7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 07:17 PM   #8
TroyI
Senior Member
 
TroyI's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 GTI SE APR stage 1
Location: Texas
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastEggMk7 View Post
Kinda late posting, but I ended up winning every race. I did choose who I raced, but I still won every race. LOL

Raced like 5 different full bolt on Mazdaspeed 3's and I beat them all. I raced my buddies Stock 2018 WRX STi and I smoked him. I raced several focus ST's and beat them too. My highest trap of the night from a 30mph roll was 108mph at the end of the track. It was a fun night! Going back the 1st Friday of May again.
Awesome. I am going back soon too. I'm surprised you only did 108mph. Was it a 1/8mile or the full quarter.
TroyI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 02:08 PM   #9
FastEggMk7
Member
 
Drives: 2016 VW Golf GTi S DSG P/P
Location: Texas
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyI View Post
Awesome. I am going back soon too. I'm surprised you only did 108mph. Was it a 1/8mile or the full quarter.
I trapped 110mph from a 40mph roll and from 30mph I did 108mph and I was spinning too. LOL.

5.0's with minor mods were trapping 110-112mph or so.
__________________
2016 CSG DSG GTi P/P

Mods: Intake, Muffler Delete, APR Stage 1 H/O Tune.

Future Mods: APR downpipe, Stage 2 APR Tune, Dogbone Insert
FastEggMk7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.