GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Technical Topics > Golf Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 04-13-2018, 05:21 AM   #1565
Steenbeek

Drives: 1.8 Tsi 4x4 DSG6
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Smooth View Post
P0299 Boost pressure regulation not reached. Sounds like request is too high for available boost. Also happens when there is traction control intervention if you heavy on the gas with it fully on.
Thanks George. I had to overtake someone...

Gesendet von meinem ZUK Z2121 mit Tapatalk
VWR R600 / VWR Turbo Inlet / VWR Turbo Outlet / GFB DV+ / USP Oil Filter Housing / JB4 / 034 Dogbone/ catch can/ optimized is20 (compressor wheel with extended tip, polished inlet)/ R Downpipe/ egt sensor
Steenbeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 07:30 AM   #1566
Steenbeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggs24 View Post
Let's see some logs.
Here is the log in which you see everything.
In 3rd trims is ok and from 4th on you see it is stuck. AFR is too high for my taste.
https://datazap.me/u/steenbeek/is20-...19-25-26-27-28
VWR R600 / VWR Turbo Inlet / VWR Turbo Outlet / GFB DV+ / USP Oil Filter Housing / JB4 / 034 Dogbone/ catch can/ optimized is20 (compressor wheel with extended tip, polished inlet)/ R Downpipe/ egt sensor
Old 04-14-2018, 02:14 PM   #1567
Diggs24

Drives: 2015 GTI; 2003 Saab 9-3 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steenbeek View Post
Here is the log in which you see everything.
In 3rd trims is ok and from 4th on you see it is stuck. AFR is too high for my taste.
https://datazap.me/u/steenbeek/is20-...19-25-26-27-28
Dumb question. but is your afr/fuel bias set to 100 at all the rpms?
Old 04-14-2018, 03:35 PM   #1568
toledospeed

Drives: 2015 Golf Sport
Quote:
Dumb question. but is your afr/fuel bias set to 100 at all the rpms?
Hey Diggs, I can see they are set at 100 from looking at the log file.

Tip for those that don't know...from the datazap website when viewing the log, go to the bottom right (below the graph) and download the CSV file. Then, open the CSV in Excel, Google Sheets etc. and you can see the JB4 settings the log was run against in the first two rows of the log file.
Old 04-14-2018, 04:32 PM   #1569
Diggs24

Quote:
Originally Posted by toledospeed View Post

Tip for those that don't know...from the datazap website when viewing the log, go to the bottom right (below the graph) and download the CSV file. Then, open the CSV in Excel, Google Sheets etc. and you can see the JB4 settings the log was run against in the first two rows of the log file.
TIL. Thanks!
Old 04-14-2018, 06:11 PM   #1570
Steenbeek

Quote:

Yes that is correct. So if someone has a solution for flatline trims...
Nevertheless I ordered GTI injectors for trials.

Old 04-14-2018, 07:34 PM   #1571
crxgator

Drives: Vans Authentic
Quote:

See if you can return them. The Golf R shouldn't be that much more. I got mine for $270 shipped from a german ebay seller.

crxgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 03:47 PM   #1572
toledospeed

Drives: 2015 Golf Sport
Quote:
I still had the log window open when I turned on my PC this morning and I noticed (in your CSV log header) that your FOL set at 90. Was this done on purpose or by recommendation by someone? Typically FOL is set between 50-70 for GTI's and Golfs's here in North America, but it does depend on other mods/settings etc. For a typical JB4 setup, Golf 1.8's are usually set on the higher end (60-70) and GTI's on the lower end (50-60). If it is set too high, the higher fuel pressure the JB4 requests can cause the fuel pump(s) to not keep up with demand.

I think your best bet is to work with George @BMS to help troubleshoot this particular 1.8t variant used in your Skoda. Many ROW 1.8t variants are different from the North American 1.8t Golf and will behave differently when tuning with the JB4. For example, many ROW 1.8t's have variable exhaust valve timing while the North American 1.8t does not.
Old 04-15-2018, 04:22 PM   #1573
Diggs24

Quote:
I still had the log window open when I turned on my PC this morning and I noticed (in your CSV log header) that your FOL set at 90. Was this done on purpose or by recommendation by someone? Typically FOL is set between 50-70 for GTI's and Golfs's here in North America, but it does depend on other mods/settings etc. For a typical JB4 setup, Golf 1.8's are usually set on the higher end (60-70) and GTI's on the lower end (50-60). If it is set too high, the higher fuel pressure the JB4 requests can cause the fuel pump(s) to not keep up with demand.

I think your best bet is to work with George @BMS to help troubleshoot this particular 1.8t variant used in your Skoda. Many ROW 1.8t variants are different from the North American 1.8t Golf and will behave differently when tuning with the JB4. For example, many ROW 1.8t's have variable exhaust valve timing while the North American 1.8t does not.
Yup. When I went fol70 trims dropped from upper 40s to mid 30s. 3AD2 code ensued. Are you having the jb4 autoclear codes steenbeck? Id turn FOL down and dial back boost a bit. I dont think 90 is attainable by any car.
Old 04-15-2018, 06:56 PM   #1574
Steenbeek

Quote:
Yup. When I went fol70 trims dropped from upper 40s to mid 30s. 3AD2 code ensued. Are you having the jb4 autoclear codes steenbeck? Id turn FOL down and dial back boost a bit. I dont think 90 is attainable by any car.
Hi
90 is just the result of always lean conditions because of this stupid trims flatline. With is12 fol50 was way too low and the 3ad2 kept coming back. So I went to 60 and that was also not working really well cause when trims was stuck I was lean. The best result was with fol 70. So trims never wanted to go higher than 35 and afr was always perfect. But now with is20 70 is of course again not enough. Otherwise there would have been no need of upgrading the turbo. Now with 90 it is acceptable lets say. I still have to taper much more as I want to. So now to lower fol again and still have enough juice I try bigger injectors.

Old 04-17-2018, 12:33 PM   #1575
Steenbeek

I recognized something that is kind of weird. Is there a possibility that higher trims does not automatically mean that there is more fuel?
In the last log I posted I had fol set to 90 and the afr was close to 15 with trims of 36. Now I did a log with same conditions fol 80 and the afr was 13.3 with trims of 30. Does this make sense?

Old 04-17-2018, 08:50 PM   #1576
Thrawn

Drives: Golf Sportwagen, 4Motion
AFR Seems High?

Final got caught up on this thread. Learned a lot! Thanks to all for you sharing your info!

Well, finally did a log in Map 4.

Does my AFR seem high? MAP-4-72*C-ambient

I'm at 25k miles, with all the bolt-ons, but stock DP and IC, and was on the Neuspeed Power Module previously.

I want to get new plugs before logging Map 1 and Map 6, though...
Thrawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 08:56 PM   #1577
Diggs24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrawn View Post
Final got caught up on this thread. Learned a lot! Thanks to all for you sharing your info!

I'm at 25k miles, with all the bolt-ons, but stock DP and IC, and was on the Neuspeed Power Module previously.

Your Fuel/Afr bias are all set to 0. Set to 100.
Old 04-17-2018, 10:17 PM   #1578
Thrawn

Drives: Golf Sportwagen, 4Motion
Quote:
Your Fuel/Afr bias are all set to 0. Set to 100.
Thanks Diggs!

I'm in MAP 4. How do I change that? Thought it was the factory map with logging ability only?
Thrawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 10:39 PM   #1579
Diggs24

Quote:
Thanks Diggs!

I'm in MAP 4. How do I change that? Thought it was the factory map with logging ability only?
That it is. Not sure on the apps. on laptop it is on settings page upper right corner. pick map hit save.
Old 04-18-2018, 02:40 AM   #1580
George Smooth

Drives: Golf 7 R
Quote:

Map 4 will show the factory AFR target and tuning. They do run lean but what is considered normal these days.
George Smooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 05:04 PM   #1581
TwinDad

Drives: 2016 sportwagen
Quote:

I've run FOL as high as 95. George said above 80 won't make a difference, but I do see a little better trims with 90 vs 80. This was is20 and some ethanol though. The key is to watch you fp_h as well. That's the hpfp. Of you see it drop noticeably, your running out of fuel all together. You want it to stay pretty steady with just a few numbers variation. If it goes from like 14-17 down to below 10, it's no beuno. Best is to compare other logs of your own car to see where you are typically