GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone have any experience with this spoiler?

GTIjush

Passed Driver's Ed
Check this one out. I have this one, painted gloss black and am about to mount it. Its a little smaller and out of Germany. Not carbon fiber... You can get it from Canada also... or are you looking for larger? Two versions, depending on your car. Check their site for more pics and options.

There was a very small bit of fitting involved but I like it. Its going to be a busy week but will post pics once its on the car.

Link is to the Canadian site.

https://pgperformance.com/srs-roof-spoiler-addon-gti-s-for-mk7-with-side-panels.html

or

https://www.srs-tec.de/

Thanks for the info! Please post pics once you install yours. Seems like a clean little addition [emoji1362]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
FYI ordered it through EBay and made an offer to seller for $100 + $50 shipping from China.

I’ll be comparing it against my Maxton which I like but wished had a little more presence. This spoiler seems slightly larger and the CF should offer more contrast against my CSG paint. Imo the Maxton looks best on red cars.

ryohei47

Ready to race!
Does this spoiler fit GTIs? When I saw this on Aliexpress/Ebay I thought the spoiler looked a bit short so it would only fit Golfs. Also, are there any concerns about longevity of the CF finish?

The new version of the Maxton Hatch spoiler extends the entire length of the spoiler, unlike the old version. It is marketed for Facelift GTI/R but it's been installed by MK7 without issue since the spoilers are the same. Plus it's cheap at $140.

(Not my car but this is how it looks)

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-maxton-...oiler-extension-gloss-black/vw-go-7fr-cap1-g/

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
According to the EBay listing it says for GTI. And looking at the pics, the car has the black side fins. So pretty sure its a GTI.

Just looked at the new Maxton. Personally I actually like the old one better. Sure it wraps around, but not in a good way. And my favorite part of the original maxton was the silhouette it made with the curve in the center.

ryohei47

Ready to race!
According to the EBay listing it says for GTI. And looking at the pics, the car has the black side fins. So pretty sure its a GTI.

Just looked at the new Maxton. Personally I actually like the old one better. Sure it wraps around, but not in a good way. And my favorite part of the original maxton was the silhouette it made with the curve in the center.

I think the perfect silhouette is the SRS-tec but its unpainted and bit too small.

Yea, the way the new Maxton wraps around is a bit weird. I wish it tapered down towards the edges of the spoiler. Hopefully when someone installs the Ebay spoiler we can confirm its fitment

bilagain

Passed Driver's Ed
PG drop ships from Germany. They don't stock it. If its the same case as the bumper covers...it should be a few bucks cheaper buying through PG.

Even though it took longer, it was more fun to order right from Germany. With the size of the wing add on and the price, the cost of shipping... my wife just shakes her head. :)

Oh, and one more note. I posted their stock pic of the white GTI but mine's CSG. I'm just trying to get it finally finished before mounting. Our local show, Euro Hanger is next weekend.

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Cant believe this actually arrived today. Happy Father’s Day gift to me! Pretty fast shipping from China, took 9 days. The quality looks pretty decent so far. Will have to test fit on a friend’s car since I have the Maxton extension on my car. They did forget to ship the 3M mounting tape. Anyone know exactly what I should buy?

eurospek

Just finished watching Fast&Fu
Seller doubled the shipping.

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
So I test fitted the spoiler extension today and was disappointed that the fitment wasnt perfect. Big surprise I know. The extension lifts up just a bit at the corners and doesnt sit quite flush on the car’s spoiler. It isnt horrible but unacceptable for me. Although, with the 3M tape, it might sit flush.

If I didnt already have the Maxton on my car, I would have made this work. I just dont want to go through the hassle and risk of removing the Maxton for nothing.

Sorry I wasnt able to take pics.

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I tested it on a friend’s car. I guess I’ll add it to my pile of parts in my garage.

If anyone in the Bay Area is interested in giving it a go I’ll give you a good price on it.

bilagain

Passed Driver's Ed
Test fit SRS rear wing pictures

Sorry they aren't the brightest... I live in the woods. Pictures from tonight's test fitting. Tried to do a before and after of each so the first is no wing and second is with the wing.