GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

burbank2broward's Pure White GTI Sport - "The Comeback" Build

burbank2broward

Go Kart Champion
car looks sharp. Sorry i didn't see this sooner. yeah alcohol doesn't cut it on the mk7. Have to bump up to legit acetone. I did the same thing. Acetone took it off in seconds. Interior and exterior looks great.

Ty sir!

Getting a fairing helped a ton.
I have the OEM carrier bars and rant them with out the fairing for almost a year.
After putting it on, I did notice a difference in wind noise.
However, like you said, the MPG's suffer a bit.

I have a 25 mile commute that is 90% highway (evn though sometimes that is stop and go) and I average about 28-32mpg.
Sometimes it is a little better sometimes a little worse.

Ya, I was thinking of getting a fairing, but I don't like the look of them. Esp the INNO fairing. Their logo is not the most pleasing logo... if it came plain maybe I would re-consider.

As of right now its still on sale. Hopefully, someone buys it sooner than later so I can recoup some of the $$$.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
That is the one I have.
And, if it might make a difference, the logo is a sticker.
I don't have my car close to go check but I'm 99% sure it is just a sticker that will peel off.

burbank2broward

Go Kart Champion
That is the one I have.
And, if it might make a difference, the logo is a sticker.
I don't have my car close to go check but I'm 99% sure it is just a sticker that will peel off.

I remove my oem rack when not in use. Easy enough to put on and remove between trips (even with the 2dr rear slid fit one)

No worries! It's already sold :p

Have a Forge Short Shifter coming instead.

burbank2broward

Go Kart Champion
Picked up my SCALE coilovers from UPS today...

Just opened the box! The build quality of these things are amazing. And the attention to detail is spot on! (One of the main reasons I chose them over other companies) I also noticed and got a confirmation from my sales rep that they upgraded my rear spring to a swift spring! My spring rates are 14kF/12K rear incase anyone was wondering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

burbank2broward

Go Kart Champion
Realized my stock tires were going to shit so I ordered a full set of Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 tires. Going to have them mounted and balanced while I install my coilovers on Saturday.

burbank2broward

Go Kart Champion
HERE SHE IS! It took a little longer than expected since I didn’t know the Mk7 platform. Overall fairly easy install. Adjusting the rear height was kind of a pain and so was taking the front struts out, as all VWs suck with that. Luckily I had a strut spreader and used the 2x4 method. Worked great! Didn’t need to touch the axle.

Oh and I also got freshly new tires installed at the same time I was doing my coils. 225/40/18 Firestone Firehawk Indy 500s! Super grippy! Before all the “lower it” posts I’m going to stick with my grownup stance and racekor look

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

burbank2broward

Go Kart Champion
Got some vinyl work done today.

Clubsport rocker decal but with “GTI” instead. (pic below)

Oh, I also got my fenders rolled yesterday. Now just need to find the right set of wheels... probably going to go something aggressive like 18x9 or 9.5 et 35 or 45

Last edited:

The Tax Guy

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 GTI
Nice touch on the rocker decal. It really pops on a white car. Was one of my favorite mods to do to mine so far!