GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2018 Golf R 7.5 TCU Tune

Inigo

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf R
Who will get one to us first? I know of only one company offering dsg tunes but the process is expensive.

Aussie R

Ready to race!
As above TVS engineering about the only one I've heard of. No APR on ROW cars yet.

I think the 7sp especially in sports mode massive improvement over the 6sp stock anyway. Plus from what I've read and heard it can handle stage 2 torque levels.

carchrism5

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
I believe eTuners.gr does. But you'd need to find a dealer and I only know of NJ, NY and AZ off the top of my head. I've run lots of their tunes on my car and love them.

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
Sooo, who? Did you check the APR website to see if they offer a 7-speed tune for any ROW's?

UM hasn't made a tune for APR to copy yet. :D

Inigo

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf R
Ive got a Eurodyne stage 2 ecu tune and love it. It would be fantastic if they dropped a tcu tune into the cloud. The 7spd is ok but isn’t responsive enough and tends to get confused easily when going from light cruise to WOT. There must be some signal delay and thats ok but its simply to slow.

SteveRrrr

Ive got a Eurodyne stage 2 ecu tune and love it. It would be fantastic if they dropped a tcu tune into the cloud. The 7spd is ok but isn’t responsive enough and tends to get confused easily when going from light cruise to WOT. There must be some signal delay and thats ok but its simply to slow.
Ditto.

Inigo

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf R
We are 7 months into 2018. Shocked a tcu map from the stateside vendors has not reached fruition. TVS offers a tune, as mentioned, but is expensive, lacks feasibility for US customers and customer support is difficult to reach.

ashmostro

Passed Driver's Ed
That's for the RS3 and TTRS, sporting the DQ500 not the DQ381 that the newest Golf R has.

I emailed Unitronic the other day and got a cryptic and unhelpful response that the TCU software is "coming soon" which is what they said months ago.

Inigo

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf R
I emailed Eurodyne and received a similar response such that “its in development”. Its interesting that these vendors do not share product development time and I think it’s because they dont have a handle on development or lack proper R&D tracking and auditing management. That or they dont care to share what progress, if any, they make.

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
I emailed Eurodyne and received a similar response such that “its in development”. Its interesting that these vendors do not share product development time and I think it’s because they dont have a handle on development or lack proper R&D tracking and auditing management. That or they dont care to share what progress, if any, they make.

The funny thing about Eurodyne is Chris will silently release it in a rather short amount of time. He told me same thing about stage 2 on the 2018 Alltrack, crickets and I check database a week later and it's there. I don't think he still updated the website/blog to show that it's out.