GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JB4 install

smgti15

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi everybody,

So I tried to install my JB4 today and I got hung up with the plug D. I jacked the car up and everything but I could not get the clip undone for the life of me. I am a complete noob with this stuff and I didn't want to break anything, so I unplugged the JB4 and left it for another day.

If there is anybody in the Boston Area who is willing to help me out with this plug I will provide cash, beer, and a new friend to boot. Let me know

Sincerly,

A hopeless noob

stuntnuts

Go Kart Newbie
Study the D plug connector on the JB4 unit that you will be plugging in. Figure out how the tab releases before you get under your car and release the one on the car.

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Go in from the top. If you dont have beefy Hulk Hogan arms you can do it. The first time you do it, it can be hard to get a sense of whats going on down there. Stick your phone down there and take a few photos to give yourself an idea of the D plug location and how it disconnects. Just dont drop your phone. Or rig it with a strap to be safe.

I have to use a small screwdriver to release the tab as mentioned above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
I don't have beefy hulk hogan arms and and I was able to do it from the top with a small screwdriver. It wasn't quick, but I got it done. My arm looked like I stuck it in a blender afterwards though.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Did mine 2 nights ago... i broke this clip. Def try pushing together not apart. I tried both. Eventually it popped and I put some tape around it. Not sure how this will affect me for the future. Oh well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk