GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

United Motorsports Gen5 Haldex for MQB Vehicles

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
HAHA!!!

I can feel the difference when basic driving as the cars power comes more from the rear a bit more. On hard turns at a faster speed the S3 is a slouch before the tune but now I feel much more confident with the traction in the car when having some fun. You can really push the car with the haldex tune and I have 100% stock suspension.

Launching is a different story.. When doing the full DSG launch, it knocks you back in the seat and truly feels like it comes from behind.

For $600 I would recommend this to anyone curious. I ended up getting the triple UM tune for $1,750 including tax so not bad.

That's the kind of feedback that makes my wallet scared, sounds great!

Also glad you got my joke, I'd hate to have to explain that because you're actually a refrigeration tech or ice road trucker whose high school football jersey number was 39 and hadn't seen the movie at all.

Obakong

Ready to race!
I'm interested in someone who tracks her R getting this tune and sharing results.

I'd like to know if they pick up time, and if they feel the balance in the corners (oversteer/understeer) changed after the tune and by how much.

Thanks!

Calubi

Ready to race!
Any news on this? Any new before/after performance figures?

Sailor737

Ready to race!
Any news on this? Any new before/after performance figures?

I just got my manual 18 R UM tuned today. I also got UMs Haldex tune! I’ve only driven 2 hours on the highway home but it feels solid and even more confidence inspiring! I’m hoping to get more driving time on some empty side streets this weekend!

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
I just got my manual 18 R UM tuned today. I also got UMs Haldex tune! I’ve only driven 2 hours on the highway home but it feels solid and even more confidence inspiring! I’m hoping to get more driving time on some empty side streets this weekend!

Nice. I'm debating getting this tune at next years WITW event. They normally have sales then so I'm hoping it's on sale.

Cliff

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2015 Cayman GTS
I'm interested in someone who tracks her R getting this tune and sharing results.

I'd like to know if they pick up time, and if they feel the balance in the corners (oversteer/understeer) changed after the tune and by how much.

Thanks!

I had the tune installed in mid-April and I have done 9 track days since. It has probably helped my lap times but there are so many factors that go into a lap time that it would not be possible to quantify the effects of this tune.

The tune is most noticeable in the transition from on-throttle to off-throttle. I can feel the inside rear wheel remain engaged and helping to rotate the car. I used this to good effect last weekend at Sonoma Raceway by modulating the throttle to keep a tight line around the T7 hairpin and be able to get on the throttle hard once I was past the second apex. On throttle behavior is less noticeable, but I can feel a slight bit of push from the outside rear wheel when accelerating past the apex to track out.

I have a number of other mods on my car that also affect its handling: Ground Control camber plates, Ground Control springs on adjustable perches (475# front, 650# rear, car is corner balanced), Superpro rear sway set to the middle position, and an alignment that takes advantage of these changes.

Calubi

Ready to race!
Exactly the kind of feedback I was looking for! Thanks!

Does UM offer a way to flash this remotely? Or only at dealers?

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Maybe the UM dealer in Berkeley figured (correctly) that they would never see me again and charged me as much as they could. Dunno.

That charge is up to the shop, UM just sets the flash price soooo, you pay for what you need. If you needed that tune enough to pay for 2 hours of labor, that's what you got!

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Oh, I wanted the tune so I paid. There is only the one dealer in Northern California.

I feel that. We have 2 down here, neither are convenient for me so I've gotta do back flips to make things happen sometimes. The tune is worth it though.