GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMS JB4 R specific thread

jvjump1

Passed Driver's Ed
Going to ask here because I know we are using the jb4 to control water meth kits. Looking for some pics and ideas and where to hide this pump. Had all in trunk on my tdi golf. Not wanting that again. Space is limited on the r so show me where you guys and gals are placing them.

MadMen

Ready to race!

jvjump1

Passed Driver's Ed
Need some help I have emailed George and support just waiting on answer back. Trying to connect jb4 Bluetooth . Getting alert" kit not owned"? Anyone have this issue. Nice Saturday evening was going to try to run some logs.

tsivas27

Let's Go Blackhawks!
Last edited:

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Diggs...added a little more to it.... E25 blend. Ambient temps 65F. Sea level.

thoughts?

Is that boost spike between shifts a concern? Seems to be at that 5200 rpm area in next shift.

2017 R: VWR intake, RS7 plugs, RS3 coil packs. FOL 40

https://datazap.me/u/tsivas27/log-1528590064?log=0&data=1-2-4-11-14-18&mark=110

1500 0
2000 2
2500 3
3000 3
3500 3.5
4000 5.0
4500 6.5
5000 7.0
5500 7.5
6000 6.5
6500 6.0
7000 6.0

Looks good. You can try the boost reduction if that spike is too much for you. Start with 80.

tsivas27

Let's Go Blackhawks!
Looks good. You can try the boost reduction if that spike is too much for you. Start with 80.

Appreciate the help ... So start with 80 and then drop in increments? What size? 1/5?

What are your thoughts on that boost spike? Is it something I can leave? Would you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Appreciate the help ... So start with 80 and then drop in increments? What size? 1/5?

What are your thoughts on that boost spike? Is it something I can leave? Would you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it's ok but it's up to you. Some people don't like 27psi for longevity reasons.

100 is max boost reduction. So if 80 doesn't cut it go 90 then 100.

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
Just installed my JB1 and it works fine on the street but at the track this weekend 4-6th gear 4500-5200 rpm i was having some fuel cuts and the car was stuttering. Threw a CEL for low fuel pressure p0087 i believe. I turned the boost safety to 4.0 and that helped a bit. Any ideas or tips to fix that issue?

MadMen

Ready to race!
Just installed my JB1 and it works fine on the street but at the track this weekend 4-6th gear 4500-5200 rpm i was having some fuel cuts and the car was stuttering. Threw a CEL for low fuel pressure p0087 i believe. I turned the boost safety to 4.0 and that helped a bit. Any ideas or tips to fix that issue?

Boost safety is supposed to be absolute. Change it to 25 or 26 and see if that helps.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI

What is fuel open loop set to? Also, boost safety is in absolute. Put it to 25. That isn't your issue though. If you go over safety it will revert to map4.

RigWig

Passed Driver's Ed
Just picked up an R (and my first vw) 2 weeks ago. I thought the car was fast stock on it's own but holy crap does this thing open up the top end. Currently running Map 2, I have an APR intake on order and once I get that on I'll start logging/playing with Map 6.

Also, first post here XD