GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eibach Pro Kit Springs or VW DG Springs?

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Possibly Firestone Firehawk Indy 500s but I don’t know if I want the hassle of separate summer and winter tires/wheels.
I am debating those Firehawk Indy's as well because of the price and the positive reviews they are getting. If I don't get those I might just long up the extra funds and get the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S's.

maic

Passed Driver's Ed
Where can I get this DG springs? Can you get this from VW dealer and they can install it for you?

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Where can I get this DG springs? Can you get this from VW dealer and they can install it for you?
Yes and yes.

cbr600rr

Go Kart Champion
I can't wait to actually run winters in the winter. The stock Hankooks will probably last longer to the car since they're only on the car from December to March lol!

Winter tires are to snow like summer tires are to hot asphalt. You instantly feel the added benefit. If there is any chance of snow or temps below 5*C then winters are a must.

Also you will cruise by anyone not riding on winters with a huge grin on your face as you get to work early and they get there late.... or not at all.

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie

I would go with DAP (Deutche Auto Parts) and have an indie install them.

Officially these springs are for Golf, not GTI.

So you may have warranty and install issues with a VW Dealer.

Plus buying them from DAP and installing at an indie mechanic is likely to save you $$$

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Shopdap may be a few bucks cheaper than dealership, depending on shipping. They have them for $220 USD.

I paid $320 CAD from the dealership ($245 USD).

PN: 5G4071677E

pantsos

Ready to race!
Guys, i have a question.

TSI 1.8, my set up is 18x8 ET35 225/40/18.
I want to install DG springs, it will be ok with no rub and poke?

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Guys, i have a question.

Re: poke

willtheyfit.com

Use GTI Austins wheels + spacers as the “flush” baseline (18x75 ET49). Factor in 15mm front and 20mm rear.

Rubbing shouldn’t be an issue since you’re going with OEM GTI tire size (circumference). But I don’t know how much the DG springs for the 1.8 drop, as compared to how they mildly drop the GTI.

pantsos

Ready to race!
Re: poke

willtheyfit.com

Use GTI Austins wheels + spacers as the “flush” baseline (18x75 ET49). Factor in 15mm front and 20mm rear.

Rubbing shouldn’t be an issue since you’re going with OEM GTI tire size (circumference). But I don’t know how much the DG springs for the 1.8 drop, as compared to how they mildly drop the GTI.

25mm-30mm for the Golf.
That’s more than enough for me.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
25mm-30mm for the Golf.

That’s more than enough for me.

If that’s what the math comes back with as far as “more poke than stock Austins”, then you’re going to poke 10mm past the fender on all corners.

anjoVW

Ready to race!
Guys, i have a question.

Rubbing is the last thing to worry about.You'll have about 2-3 fingers worth of gap (close to Golf R stock). I'm on 235's with 18x8.5 ET45 and not close to rubbing. I planned on getting ST X coilovers (2 inches from 1.8t stock), and even on that setup I was told I won't rub.

BananaSlug

Ready to race!
What did your alignment numbers turn out to be with this setup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The pre-alignment numbers were:
Front
Caster: 7.7° both sides
Camber: -1.2° Left, -1° Right
Toe: .35° Left, -.25° Right

Rear
Camber: -2° both sides
Toe: -.10° Left, .05° Right

doolin64

Passed Driver's Ed
Well, I guess I made my first choice. I had the MSSKit in my cart but at the last minute, I switched to DG's. I know doubt could dial in the MSSkit to the exact height I wanted to see. Since I'm purely doing this for cosmetic reasons and enjoy my stock ride I stayed with the DG's. If I hate the ride, I'll move on.

White18

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
I am having DG installed tomorrow on my Mk7.5 GTI DSG DCC. I'll post photos and drop numbers.

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI