GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hit and Run! need some touch up advice

theohdolphillus

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys, I was unfortunately involved in a hit and run accident. Very minor damages, and neither I nor my passenger were injured thankfully.

I took my car to get quoted on how much it would cost to fix, and they told me $800. Honestly, I'm not too sure if I'm willing to shell out that much; I would much rather buy a jb4 or dp or something lol.

Anyone know how to fix it up a little bit?

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
They probably quoted you $800, because it needs a respray

You could try and buff out some of those marks, to try and make it look somewhat better, but it'll still be missing paint in some areas unfortunately since it's down to the plastic (scratched/gouged up)

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Does that include a new bumper?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chiefhiawatha

Ready to race!
Buff out the paint transfer you see there and give it 10 days. You’ll know if you need to repair it by then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Some of that is paint transfer, but it definitely will require at least bodywork and respray if not a new bumper. Shit adds up fast.

SweetJones_29

Ready to race!
Screw it. Buy mods. Instant gratification. You will hardly notice the damage after a week or two.

Rafiki76

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKVII GTI
to me that does look like new paint, if that 800 for a new painted bumper thats a good price

VancouverGTI1

Passed Driver's Ed
Price is a little high to be honest.

R&I cover, license plate lights, reflectors, lower spoiler.
Repair cover 1.5 hours MAX
Refinish cover 3.7 - 4.0 hours
+ colour sand and buff

= roughly $500 - $700 depending on shop location and door rate.

My shop would charge an insurance company around $700 for that job.
Slightly less for a customer pay job.

boostin1004

Ready to race!
just buff out the paint rub and get some dr. color chip or touch up paint and fill in the rest. You have a dark color car which should hide some of those touched up areas a bit better. then just repaint it once you can't stand it anymore