GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How did you "kid proof" your car?

takemorepills

Ready to race!
I have a co-worker who is a Subie fanatic. We were discussing the difference between Subaru and VW. He thinks VW sucks, but I think he is mis-informed.

I am generally a Japanese car person, my wife has a Saabaru 9-2x and I have a 2016 GTI.

I still maintain (quote function isn't working in my browser) that the GTI wears like nails. The plastics and leather shrugs off General Tsao sauce, shovels, sand, neglect, etc. I am thoroughly impressed.

My car is a lease, going back soon, and I have much respect for my Mk7 GTI. True to my Jap car form, I am probably going to buy a Q60 AWD coupe. But I will always tip my hat to the awesomeness of the Mk7 GTI.

ebg18t

Ready to race!
We have twin 2 year old boys. Just moved the seats to front facing. I use the Brica seat protector under their Diono seats and Brica seat back protectors on the back of the front seats. It keeps the seats pretty clean. I keep their car toys in a soft holder between their seats. We use weather tech floor liners. We have the exact same setup in her Subaru.

https://www.target.com/p/brica-seat...VwSaGCh0sIAZHEAQYBSABEgL7ePD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

https://www.target.com/p/brica-deluxe-kick-mats-153-2pk-black/-/A-14373052

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

racerxxx

Ready to race!
We had the seat liner under the car seats, it helped but shit still makes it way past. The only thing you can't cover for.....projectile vomit.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Cowzill00

Ready to race!
BTW, this topic applies to big kids too. I thought about flashing valet mode before I left town, but I hid the keys instead. Yes, I watched Risky Business in my youth. And Ferris Bueller. ;)

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Roof rack with cargo box

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
Going to give these a shot

Have the protector for the back seat already. Have a set of monster mats in the Golf that will go into the back of the GTI until I figure out if I want/need to splurge on one of the larger and better fitted floormat solutions.

bluesforchallah

Passed Driver's Ed
I sold mine ('92 Mk2) and bought a Mazda Protege Wagon (P5). Though it wasn't really to protect the interior of the vehicle as much as it was just a PITA to get a toddler into their car seat in the back seat of a two door.

Had the Mazda for a year and realized it was terrible in the snow and ice and traded it in for a Honda Element. Kids now 16, the Element is his now and I have a Gti again, a 2018 Mk7.5. The sacrifices we make for our kids.

scrapin240

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf
I sold mine ('92 Mk2) and bought a Mazda Protege Wagon (P5). Though it wasn't really to protect the interior of the vehicle as much as it was just a PITA to get a toddler into their car seat in the back seat of a two door.

Had the Mazda for a year and realized it was terrible in the snow and ice and traded it in for a Honda Element. Kids now 16, the Element is his now and I have a Gti again, a 2018 Mk7.5. The sacrifices we make for our kids.

i went the opposite direction.

Had a Honda Fit and Civic till they were 2, then Minivan for 5 years with the GTI as a second car, and now at 7, just the GTI. They understand, and it puts a smile on my face. As the train approaches the station and I know I get to drive the GTI, it seems all worth it.

As they say, life is too short to drive not-fun cars, and soon everything will be a SUV and truck, so choices will be limited.

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
No surprise you’d be that uncle based on 8025 of your posts.

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
My son was 4 when we got the GTI. What works for me is my laser eye stare and lowering my voice two octaves. He respects the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk