GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Bassman

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Noticed my front bumpers not screwed in under the grill, i guess at some point the vw garage removed the bumper and forgot to put the screws back in? Or was there ever screws there? Can someone enlighten me?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

My front bumper hasn’t any screws either under the grill. I have a MY17.

I don’t think there are no screws from the factory. These holes just looks like that there are fasteners missing...

Can someone please enlighten us?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
New shoes.

Konig Oversteer 18x8 +45 with Indy 500’s.

BigJerm44

Ready to race!
Weather finally broke here in buffalo! Took advantage and installed my maxton lip and my R32’s!

BigJerm44

Ready to race!
Yes! Those came out nice!

Thanks dude! Appreciate all the help you provided when it came to helping me with specs!

danielmckendry

Ready to race!
Could you take a pic ? If there is a gap where the bumper meets the grill it’s because of the grill not being completely flush, very easy to do because it needs to be reinstall at an specific angle and then pushed I until it clicks in place, even if you’ve done a hundred times it is very Easy to do because the screws will go in regardless

Na it's not the grill, you remove that to get them, i've become a bit of an expert at getting the grill on properly after having that problem when i was replacing the standard with an ABT.
When the grills removed, where it sits on the bumper, there are 2 holes off centre at each side that look like they tighten the bumper to the frame, but they have no screws in them, when they look like they should have, i put 2 screws from the wheel arch in and they do tighten and fit perfectly. In other words my bumper is only held on with clips and the bolts on the arches, it's not an issue just wondering if it comes like that or if someone forgot to put them back in?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

BigJerm44

Ready to race!
Ayyeee buffalo gang just got my summers on! Maybe I’ll see ya around some time car looks great!

Haha thanks dude ! Whereabouts you from?

AdamGTI2

Ready to race!
Weather finally broke here in buffalo! Took advantage and installed my maxton lip and my R32’s!

Dude that looks gorgeous. 18's and VWR Springs? For some reason yours looks so much lower than mine lol.

I need that lip. So sexy. Maxton v2 or?

GTI2016

Ready to race!
First Compliment...

Actually had my FIRST compliment on the car after 3 years... had begun to think the car wasn't "cool" anymore. Guy was driving by in the grocery store parking lot staring, stop rolled his window down and said "Wow man sweet ride!" I thanked him not thinking much about it at the time then realized it was the first random compliment Id gotten after many years. Drove it home the long way in sport and really opened her up! :)

Attachments

• Nice GTI.jpg
    Nice GTI.jpg
    700.9 KB · Views: 778

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Actually had my FIRST compliment on the car after 3 years... had begun to think the car wasn't "cool" anymore. Guy was driving by in the grocery store parking lot staring, stop rolled his window down and said "Wow man sweet ride!" I thanked him not thinking much about it at the time then realized it was the first random compliment Id gotten after many years. Drove it home the long way in sport and really opened her up! :)

I got my first random compliment about a month after I got the car - from a police officer who said "You've got a really nice car but you gotta watch your speed, here's your ticket"...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
I got my first random compliment about a month after I got the car - from a police officer who said "You've got a really nice car but you gotta watch your speed, here's your ticket"...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

DUDE same happened to me! Cop was like "Hey man I know this car is fun as hell but you gotta obey the law." wrote me up for 54 in a 50, clocked me @ 79 in a 50.