GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Stage 2 with stock downpipe

vitalik55

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf R
I need to take my car in for a emission-related fix-it ticket. Question is will running the car for an hour with a tune and stock downpipe damage anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
It won’t pass an emissions scan with the apr stage 2 tune anyway, regardless of what dp you have on. I’m under the understanding that apr turns off the secondary o2 sensor on their stage 2 tune, so the factory dp still won’t pass a readiness scan.

vitalik55

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf R
It won’t pass an emissions scan with the apr stage 2 tune anyway, regardless of what dp you have on. I’m under the understanding that apr turns off the secondary o2 sensor on their stage 2 tune, so the factory dp still won’t pass a readiness scan.

I don’t need to pass an emission test, just a visual inspection. I didn’t have a CARB sticker on my intake story..

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
I need to take my car in for a emission-related fix-it ticket. Question is will running the car for an hour with a tune and stock downpipe damage anything?

Yes, but don't push it. That's back pressure and the increased boost pressures are going to add heat.

Good old Fresno/Clovis PD/Sheriffs still poppin' hoods eh? Or did you deserve it? :D

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
I don’t need to pass an emission test, just a visual inspection. I didn’t have a CARB sticker on my intake story..

Gotchya bud, then you’d probably have zero issues, just keep in mind that there will be more back pressure because of the stock dp and cats but I doubt anything that would truly hurt the car, especially running it that way for the short term. Probably more of a minor drivability concern/annoyance compared to running the “correct” tune with the “correct” bolt ons.

Good luck bud, I feel for you Cali guys, all sorts of emissions related hassles for ya most of us don’t have to deal with when modding, some of us just mail in a check every year and get our sticker a month later :)