GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Adjustable short shifter

RadioFlyer

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GSX-Rs
Sigma 6 is not adjustable.

By the photo, slot looks like there is some adjustability on the Sigma.

sigma 6.jpg[

APR shifter with cable bracket and 42DD bush kit.
APR kitt.jpg

defcon5

Ready to race!
Yeah I'm torn between the APR kit(shifter and bracket) w/42dd bushings or just going Diesel Geek all the way.

Anyone here driven both?

My cousin has APR on his but I wont be able to drive it till October when I go for a visit. I can tell you he loves it though he said the adjustability is unnecessary. He is using the shortest setting and would not ever bother to adjust to a longer throw. That gets him to a 30% reduction which is about the same as the Sigma 6.

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
My cousin has APR on his but I wont be able to drive it till October when I go for a visit. I can tell you he loves it though he said the adjustability is unnecessary. He is using the shortest setting and would not ever bother to adjust to a longer throw. That gets him to a 30% reduction which is about the same as the Sigma 6.

Good info, thanks!

The thing I like about the Sigma 6 is it replaces the bushings entirely, eliminating the need to buy them and modify yours. I have the 42DD bushings so it would probably make sense for me to get the APR SS, but I want the Sigma 6. :D

defcon5

Ready to race!
Good info, thanks!

The thing I like about the Sigma 6 is it replaces the bushings entirely, eliminating the need to buy them and modify yours. I have the 42DD bushings so it would probably make sense for me to get the APR SS, but I want the Sigma 6. :D

Ok, I see in your other thread where the bushing kit applies. My confusion was pointing to the 42DD bushings and the bracket kit. So the 42DD bushings are to replace the factory bushings in the cable ends because the APR shifter retains them where the Sigma does not. Yeah, forget the APR kit. In fact, my cousin birthday is soon. Think I will buy him a Sigma to replace the APR he has now :eek:.

Did you order the Sigma yet?

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
Correct!

No, I have not ordered mine yet. I think my monthly mod money is spoken for for the next few months, so... We'll see. Wonder how much I could get for my Spulen + 42DD bushings!

RJ_infinite

Ready to race!
I've had APR and now have the DG.

APR on the shortest setting was amazing. I loved how short the throw was. Barely move the shifter and you were in gear. Once you added bushings it was completely solid and beautiful. The only downsides were the notchiness and destroying synchros on 1-2 shifts. Other than that it was great and I really loved it.

The DG is much smoother. There is a little wiggle on the shifter when in gear compared to when I had the APR, however my DG is off my friend's car and a piece does have a crack so its not perfect or new. I've hurt my synchros twice (once randomly and the second time trying over and over to recreate it. Only on 1-2). The throw is longer than APR on its shortest setting but much smoother and nice to my synchros. I'd like to get a better condition DG and get it aligned perfectly. I honeslty only prefer it because of the smoothness and not destroying my synchros. Probably could have adjusted the APR, but why have it if its not on the shortest setting?

Firstboost

Go Kart Champion
Good info here guys!

I'm now leaning towards DG with a few of these testimonials.

Mr.Tebo

Ready to race!
APR and 42 DD side to side bushings (horizontal shifting movement) don't play well together. The bushings were to thick for the pivot pin and could not get the retaining clip on. Its only a couple millimeters. I found on another mk7 R thread that confirms im not the only person to run into this. So if you just want to toss in a short shift kit that doesn't reduce the left to right distance and use the stock arm for it you should be good FYI

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Tigsel

Ready to race!

TheWombat

Go Kart Champion
If you mean, can you adjust the Sigma 6 specifically for a set percentage of reduction of throw or something, as in, does it have specific settings, no. But the adjustment process you go through in installing it gives you a bit of leeway in tweaking it, although the range between "works" and "doesn't work" isn't very broad. I do love mine though.