GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Mk7 OEM wheels thread

nype

Drag Racing Champion

This is it from the other side.

They look much better in person especially on the Tungsten silver. I hated the look of the Austins on the Tsi but I think these look great. I think the car needs lowering now

Austins on your Tsi previously?

You must work at a dealership?

Last edited:

bigdan011

No I don't work at a dealership. I didn't have the Austins but I have seen many tsi's that had them. I didn't think they looked good on the tsi. I bought the Dallas from someone who bought an mk7.5 GTI and wanted an aftermarket look.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Cleaned and vinyl applied. Just waiting on the tires to come in...

Pics on the car to follow soon!

PS- I am terrible at taking close ups as my hands shake too much.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Nice. What are these wheels?

They're the OEM 19" Cadiz. They come on the R. If you go back a few posts, you can see them without the vinyl on a couple other cars. You can find sets from R owners offloading them fairly cheap. They're a few pounds lighter than the Austins as well.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
**Edited with better pics!**
So far really loving both the look and the tires (Firehawk Indy 500s - 235/40R19). Notes for GTI drivers - the ride is slightly stiffer with the 19's, but still well damped over bumps with no crashing or banging. The offset and width on the Cadiz wheel also makes these sit a lot more flush than the Austins, they don't have that tucked in look anymore.

Last edited:

Pickleahoy1

Ready to race!
Keeping the vynil Cadiz combo going:

Did the rear driver side wheel as a test, leaving vinyl over the shinny bits only. Came out better than I expected and learned a lot from screwing up the vinyl laying process. Will do the rest sometime this week.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
BNIB straight trade for my (exc cond) 2.5 year old Austins. Bathroom scale says 23.4 lbs so maybe 2 lbs less than the Austins.

VW Goal 18x7.5 ET51

Will post pics when I get them mounted. Deciding on tires

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Good looking wheel. Hard to find; lucky you. Much better looking than the Austins, and super easy to keep clean.

Thanks! I was thinking the same thing regarding cleaning and maintenance.

RennWerks

Go Kart Newbie
oddspyke: I keep coming back to your pics because I am really impressed with how different -- and sooo much better -- the Cadiz wheel looks with just the addition of vinyl tape. To state the obvious, it looks like an entirely different wheel. Well done, sir. The Clubsport wheel center caps are a nice touch too.

So far really loving both the look and the tires (Firehawk Indy 500s - 235/40R19). Notes for GTI drivers - the ride is slightly stiffer with the 19's, but still well damped over bumps with no crashing or banging. The offset and width on the Cadiz wheel also makes these sit a lot more flush than the Austins, they don't have that tucked in look anymore.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Will be looking to sell my CS wheel caps. Different size caps on the Goal wheels.