GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Race Ramps

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
Hey all,

Been doing some research on what Race Ramps to get - RR-40 or RR-56 (1pc) for a stock R ride height.

Any thoughts from those who use em?

Cheers

normcaldwell

Go Kart Newbie
Hey all,

Been doing some research on what Race Ramps to get - RR-40 or RR-56 (1pc) for a stock R ride height.

Any thoughts from those who use em?

Cheers

I've used the RR‑56‑2 for years.
First with my lowered E46 M3, then with the pocket rocket.

I like the more gradual slope of the 56.
However, either way, 40 or 56, they're a great product.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
I've used the RR‑56‑2 for years.
First with my lowered E46 M3, then with the pocket rocket.

I like the more gradual slope of the 56.
However, either way, 40 or 56, they're a great product.

Thanks Norm. I know the 56 was designed for Vettes, so it’ll work with our cars. Just unsure if the 40 will be enough to clear a stock height front overhang.

I see your point about the more gradual slope which gives me better peace of mind.

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
I use the RR56 and can't remember if it was able to clear the Golf-R before I put the Kerscher carbon fiber splitter on.

But I also use the RR-EX-12 56" Xtender which gives it another gradual slope and for certain I can get both my factory height Golf-R and my VWR lowered GTI with front Maxton splitter on the RR56 absolutely no problem.

berksean

Fyi - the 40s don't work, as the ramps are too steep and run into the bumper before touching the wheels. I bought and returned a set. I recommend, and ended up buying, the 2 piece 56, as the ramp is pretty long and removing the lower half really opend the space up under the car.

mk7gti2.0

Ready to race!
Get whichever ones you want and if it doesn't clear them just put a couple small 2x4s at the start of the ramps and it will go up just fine I do that with my ramps I got from AutoZone.

OBP

Go Kart Newbie
I can't believe this price of those things. I'm using some cheap OG rhinoramps. I simply lay a piece 2x8 pine board at the leading edge. The front rises 1.8" and that's enough for the lip to clear the ramps.

Total cost was maybe $40 for the ramps and wood pieces.

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
I literally just bought that same ramp last Friday. My GTI with DG springs wouldn't clear the ramp so I had to return then. I suppose I should have just got a 2x4.

Would they have cleared with stock ride height?

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I bought RR-30's and it appeared they also would hit something plastic first. When I read the ramps can compress 1/8" I returned them. Not worth taking the chance. Bought new jack stands and floor jack to replace my old ones instead.

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
Who would have thought styrofoam would be a good ramp material?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk