GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

stage 1 boost and throttle behavior in 5th

alper

Ready to race!
Recently went from Jb4 to ECU and TCU flash tunes (local Swedish tuner not any of the big known names). Logged a couple of 3rd to 4th gear shifts and all seemed fine and healthy: trims, afr, etc. Then I decided to log a 100-200km/h pull out of curiosity and realized that when shifting to 5th I have a huge boost jump from 18.5psi at the end of 4th gear to 28psi and massive throttle closing at the same time. 3rd gear peaks around 20-21 psi tapering to 17.5, 4th peaks 23-24psi tapering to 18.5psi and as i shift into 5th it jumps to 28psi and throttle closes for long till boost drops to 23 or so.

Now this amount of boost on a totally stock car (from hardware perspective) seems worryingly high to me? How do ROW IS38 compare against US ones? Same peak boost? higher? lower?

Also, is that a common sight for stage 1 IS38's to peak so much higher in 5th gear? Trying to realize if in the end that's an issue I need to sort with my tuner.

I also feel stacking the Jb4 has nothing to offer if i hit so high boost just from the flash tune and get throttle closing as well.

Thoughts?

3 logs of this here: one 100-200 from 3rd to 5th with just +1psi added from Jb4 and two Map 4 4 > 5th gear pulls (so Jb4 does not seem to be causing this) all peaking equally high.