GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

[Video] Two laps at Streets of Willow in the GTI

sidepocket

Passed Driver's Ed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1m6WJNdqtc

They just re-paved this track in the fall, it's so much smoother!

It's a fun, technical track with decent elevation changes. If you're ever in SoCal and you get a chance to run here, do it!

And yes, before anybody says anything. I know I shifted too high and braked too early, I'm working on it! :D

drrck

Go Kart Champion
Always good to see someone giving their GTI a hot supper!

sidepocket

Passed Driver's Ed
Always good to see someone giving their GTI a hot supper!

LOL, I've never heard it put quite like that. You have a way with words, drrck! ;)

drrck

Go Kart Champion
Stolen shamelessly from AvE on YouTube.

I run a track local to me and am able to run 90% of it in 3rd gear and only have to pull 4th for the back straight. I don't like getting down into second unless we have a track stoppage. Too much torque and wheel slippage.

sidepocket

Passed Driver's Ed
Stolen shamelessly from AvE on YouTube.

I run a track local to me and am able to run 90% of it in 3rd gear and only have to pull 4th for the back straight. I don't like getting down into second unless we have a track stoppage. Too much torque and wheel slippage.

I hear ya, I'm the same way, except I didn't like how in 3rd gear I would sometimes dip below 3000rpm in the turns. 3-5k it the sweet spot, but 2nd gear is also very short so that makes it more difficult.

Bleh, hopefully I'll have it figured out for my next track day :rolleyes:

Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R
Fun track, was there in January in my MKV R. I like the top portion of the track, a bit tricky, but once you get it right, feels great leading into the bowl. Looking forward to getting my new Golf R 7.5 on track at Streets and Big Track later this year.

Pic from the event:

My New R:

sidepocket

Passed Driver's Ed
Looks like fun. I want to get down and do streets, probably this winter some time. I did Big Willow a few years ago - have they repaved that track recently?

They repaved Streets late last year, it's much smoother and nicer now. I'm not sure about Big Willow.

I just wish they would do something about the runoff. There are still way too many ditches, holes, and berms in the runoff around both tracks. They could learn a thing or two from Chuckwalla, which has one of the nicest runoffs of any SoCal track.