New Car

n0thing

Passed Driver's Ed
Well, let's summarize:

1. Everything is fine
2. "Guarantee they beat your car..."
3. Should have been flat-bedded to your dealership
4. Everything is fine (again)

Reality: NOBODY here has ANY idea how it was driven from Dealer A to Dealer B.
Reality #2: It probably doesn't matter one iota

Just follow the normal break-in procedure instructions and enjoy the car. Or lose sleep over it every night for the next 5 years, waiting for it to blow up prematurely. I'd go with the first option. Congrats on the new car!

Bingo. Don't sweat it, you have plenty of warranty time for issues to surface and get resolved.

acapvwgti

Ready to race!
op I babied every new gti I owned....except my mk7.

Got the car delivered with less than 29 miles on her( dealer picked it up from port). I drove the snot out of her from day 1.

Took it to speeds well close to 100mph way before the 1000 mile period.

Over 4 years later and not a single engine issue, in fact she drives better than the other ones I broke in gently.

mk8

op I babied every new gti I owned....except my mk7.

Got the car delivered with less than 29 miles on her( dealer picked it up from port). I drove the snot out of her from day 1.

Took it to speeds well close to 100mph way before the 1000 mile period.

Over 4 years later and not a single engine issue, in fact she drives better than the other ones I broke in gently.

Good to know.. there is a alot of debates out there if "break in" necessary..

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
You can get to 100mph without violating the break-in procedure.

It'll just take you a good while to get there since you can't go over 4K rpm. Watch out for your pal LEO while attempting this though cause you're gonna need a lot of room. :p

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
Well, let's summarize:

1. Everything is fine

Just follow the normal break-in procedure instructions and enjoy the car. Or lose sleep over it every night for the next 5 years, waiting for it to blow up prematurely. I'd go with the first option. Congrats on the new car!
QFT

quoted for truth.

enjoy it.

Mud

Poppn

Passed Driver's Ed
I just want to say, as someone who used to do these dealer swaps for customers back in the day, we generally don't beat on the cars. 90% of the time it is retired folk that do dealer swaps for extra cash during the week, so chances are really good it was driven by an older gentleman. There might have been a quick burst of fun once or twice depending on the person, but honestly I wouldn't worry much about it. It's not like someone spent all 300 miles running the car like it was the Daytona 500 or something, it was all highway miles

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
I drove my car off the dealer lot and straight to the canyons the day I got it. Don't worry about the break-in, just do proper maintenance.

But for the love of god don't do what the dealers tell you...mine wanted $155 for the $10k mile service.

And change oil every 5k if you drive it hard often.

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
Well, let's summarize:

1. Everything is fine

Yep. Kevin mailed it. Lots of Debbie Downers here w/o any answers to OP questions.