GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

License plate bracket

nate704

Go Kart Champion
This 007plate hide license plate bracket is stealth. Can't see it when you don't need a plate or expose the plate by pushing a switch or using a remote control when you do need one. Where I live we are required to have the front license plate but I've never had any issues with police for not having it on any of my cars.

http://trydeal.com/gol

so, what's the purpose of having that "thing" in front of the car when you want the clean look of having nothing on the front bumper.
This thing will be useful for avoiding traffic camera ticket or toll cameras.

vw671

Autocross Newbie
This 007plate hide license plate bracket is stealth. Can't see it when you don't need a plate or expose the plate by pushing a switch or using a remote control when you do need one. Where I live we are required to have the front license plate but I've never had any issues with police for not having it on any of my cars.

I can't even tell if your serious.

Here's a real video of it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ebjcpe8eNjA

DarkArrow

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'18 R
Race Tested!

Add me to that list as well! Just went 2 days at Laguna Seca with no cooling issues with the vw671 mount on mk7.5 R.

MyGo

so, what's the purpose of having that "thing" in front of the car when you want the clean look of having nothing on the front bumper.
This thing will be useful for avoiding traffic camera ticket or toll cameras.

When its in the "hide" position its 100% black so you can barely see it with the grill being black giving you that nice clean front look.

krisprz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf R 6spd
I have a question. Why hasn’t anyone mounted their license plate on the drivers side? Lol I might do that with mine to see how it looks. Trying to be different. Haha

krisprz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf R 6spd
I've made a few custom "reversed" kits at special requests. 2-3 day turn around.

Any pics of it on the drivers side?

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I can't even tell if your serious.

Here's a real video of it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ebjcpe8eNjA

Do people think cops are that stupid? The one that flips down is obvious, and the curtain one looks suspicious. What do people do with these do, always looking out for cops and holding the remote, ready to push the button at a moment's notice instead of driving? Even if it's displaying the plate it's still can be a problem because you have the capability to hide it. Better read through your state's MV code and the section of their criminal code to see what it says about it. Even if you get it kicked, it's going to cost you thousands for a lawyer and getting your car out of impound, if your jurisdiction allows it. I used to live where they can tow your car if you merely forgot your wallet and didn't have your documentation with you. These companies prey on the young with underdeveloped common sense.

nate704

Go Kart Champion
Do people think cops are that stupid? The one that flips down is obvious, and the curtain one looks suspicious. What do people do with these do, always looking out for cops and holding the remote, ready to push the button at a moment's notice instead of driving? Even if it's displaying the plate it's still can be a problem because you have the capability to hide it. Better read through your state's MV code and the section of their criminal code to see what it says about it. Even if you get it kicked, it's going to cost you thousands for a lawyer and getting your car out of impound, if your jurisdiction allows it. I used to live where they can tow your car if you merely forgot your wallet and didn't have your documentation with you. These companies prey on the young with underdeveloped common sense.

This^^^

blue1

Forgive me if it's a dumb question, but how do I tell if my car has DAP (driver's assistance package)? The legitspeed kit says it won't work on cars with DAP.

From what I can visually see on my car (2015 GTI) I have the radar thing in the middle of the mesh grille, but don't see any parking sensors on the bumper. I have a backup camera. No lane change warnings, but I do have a brake warning if the car in front slows down too quickly on the highway (sound comes on but brakes do not engage).

dunkelweizen

Go Kart Newbie
Forgive me if it's a dumb question, but how do I tell if my car has DAP (driver's assistance package)? The legitspeed kit says it won't work on cars with DAP.

From what I can visually see on my car (2015 GTI) I have the radar thing in the middle of the mesh grille, but don't see any parking sensors on the bumper. I have a backup camera. No lane change warnings, but I do have a brake warning if the car in front slows down too quickly on the highway (sound comes on but brakes do not engage).

The 2015 GTI in Canada did not have the parking sensors, park assist nor blind spot monitors available in any trim, even as options. Only the forward collision warning was available as part of the Tech package, which is what you have with the radar in the middle of the mesh grille (I don't think adaptive cruise was available either, even though you have the radar). Back up camera was standard on all but the base 3 door trim.

If your car did have DAP with parking sensors, you would have the little round divots in both your front and rear bumpers. Those round parking sensors are what most tow hook license plate kits interfere with. Rho Plate v2 100% does not interfere if installed correctly or an even better option is the one that vw671 sells that mounts flush to the side of the mesh grille. Then again, you don't have the sensors, so you have the freedom to choose whichever kit is out there.

Last edited: