GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FK Coilovers

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
I installed some FK's for a guy last year and I warned him ahead of time that they're not the best and he said they'd be short term and would hope to get at least 2 years out of them

Not even 2 weeks went by and he had had enough and asked me for a recommendation for something better that wouldn't break the budget & he went with ST's.
Night & day difference, and was way happier

murtaza911

Ready to race!
Found 1 person on Instagram who has these on his mk7 golf. He’s pretty happy with them, says they are not bad and gives it a 7/10.

I guess I’ll see how they perform on the mk7 first hand in a few weeks. If they’re really bad I sell them and find a new set of springs. Worst case I hit my head on my roof and get a concussion ;)

murtaza911

Ready to race!
So I just installed them. I have maybe 5km on them, but so far they ride really well. As good if not better than my VWR springs+stock shocks with over 30,000km.

Definitely worth the $250 (Canadian) shipped. During install I did run into one issue where the rear springs have the logos upside down. This originally made me believe the perch was supposed to sit at the bottom inside the control arm but thats not the case.
The other issue is even though the rear height adjustment is easy to access when taking off the wheel, turning the ring just spins the entire perch. Poor design flaw. So have to take out the spring to adjust height. Kind of annoying.

I'm also getting a little noise in the rear. I think I just need to tighten the top bolt not he shock assembly. But its wayyy too hot so I'm going to live with it for now.

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
It's not a design flaw. My kw v1's do the same.

murtaza911

Ready to race!
It's not a design flaw. My kw v1's do the same.

Still a flaw. An easy fix would be to add the "teeth" to both parts of the perch so you can use one spanner to hold the main assembly in place and the other to adjust height. This way it's no longer needed to take it apart to adjust the rears.

DrDavid

Ready to race!
About 200km on the now.... they may be a tad rough ��

So, as people say before, they are not good.....

Simple man, you could not have a bad suspension on a gti...... just an opinion....