GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DAB Radio logo

testcard

Ready to race!
I would suggest unzipping the file to your PC or Mac desktop first, and then only copying the logos you need to your SD card. Scrolling through 400+ logos on your SD card in the car will be slow and tedious!

GTI-7-Performance

Ready to race!
My DAB+ station logos appear loaded from the start. I have a feeling it's done automatically in the transmissions on DAB+...

Essjay

Ready to race!
I'm assuming that even though we don't yet have DAB+ in the UK, that our sets will be compatible if and when DAB+ is introduced in this country? :confused:

GTI-7-Performance

Ready to race!
DAB is a world-wide cock-up. Germany stop developing DAB because no one took it up. Then started again. France has a different digital system (typical) that is not compatible meaning you can't use your DAB car radio over there.

Australia was late to pick it up and went straight to DAB+. Switzerland started with DAB and switched it all off last year and went to DAB+. My last car had DAB as I was told FM was closing down Europe wide in 2015. Suddenly one day last year all the Swiss DAB stations disappeared and there was a recorded message saying switch to DAB+ - so I had to buy a new car...

mcmaddy

Ready to race!
I still can't understand why my previous rns510 dab showed the station logo without the need to upload anything and yet this supposedly newer nav pro won't!

Brian G1

DAB+ Will never be launched in the UK.
There is no benefit to changing the system that is in use.

Never say never.

The DAB system currently in use in the UK is two generations back in terms of development.
The only reason it is prevalent in the UK is because the BBC have a vested interest in keeping it in use.
Current DAB quality is simply appalling, it's the only "advancement" ever introduced which is worse (in terms of audio quality) than the system it replaces (FM stereo).
The broadcasting authorities have already admitted that there are areas of the country that will NEVER have DAB coverage.
Once again Britain will be the "odd one out" from the rest of Europe, and for all the wrong reasons.

dr_mat

Go Kart Champion
Although the units will accept most sizes of logo and 'fit' them to the buttons, I thought I'd share my collection of logos for anyone looking for some that match the exact specs needed in terms of size & transparency (transparent background gives a much nicer look on the on-screen buttons). Mainly national and a few Midlands based stations (as these are the one I get in my area)....

Great collection, appreciate you sharing (a long time ago now..). Just uploaded to our 2013 car and I find these wide/shallow logos are squished too much when it attempts to show them in the square box on the "station info" view. Particularly the BBC ones it makes sense (to me) to use square logos.

I'll chop them down but I wondered if anyone had found any other sources? The so-called official VW site is long dead. But I noted the demo car from our dealer DID have logos pre-saved. I might ask them for a copy of them next time it goes in..!

BobbyBoucher

DAB

Although the units will accept most sizes of logo and 'fit' them to the buttons, I thought I'd share my collection of logos for anyone looking for some that match the exact specs needed in terms of size & transparency (transparent background gives a much nicer look on the on-screen buttons). Mainly national and a few Midlands based stations (as these are the one I get in my area)....

Great post mate. Many thanks.Very useful.

BobbyBoucher

Tried all links within this thread but cannot get any logos on any stations. Was there a firmware update to the VW head uni that stopped any of this?