GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Good Mechanic/Shop for Maintenance (non-dealer) near Newtown/Yardley PA

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Not super close to you, but lots of guys use TCR Performance in Lanoka Harbor, NJ.

Looking for a good mechanic/shop for my 2019 Rabbit (non-dealer) near Newtown/Yardley PA.

Hoping to get a break in oil-change and verify the car was PDI'd correctly (strut pucks etc.).

Was going to checkout Union Line Garage in Pennington (https://unionlinegarage.com/vw/) but wanted to check with folks on the forum first. Thank you in advance!!!

jgmf384

heard good things about Nothing Leaves Stock in Quakertown. Also been to RT tuning before and it was a stand up shop, not really VW/AUDI oriented though

Skwangtang

Ready to race!
My absolute GO TO mechanic for my car, and for all of my family's Audis, has been Gene's Foreign in Broomall of West Chester Pike. They're a bit expensive but they do great work and are pretty honest. They dont do much in tuning however. One time I asked them to install a rear sway bar during my inspection and they just asked "why would you do that" lol. Traditional folks

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
My absolute GO TO mechanic for my car, and for all of my family's Audis, has been Gene's Foreign in Broomall of West Chester Pike. They're a bit expensive but they do great work and are pretty honest. They dont do much in tuning however. One time I asked them to install a rear sway bar during my inspection and they just asked "why would you do that" lol. Traditional folks

Hmm interested, they are in my hometown and told me over the phone they don’t install performance parts... the lady on the phone didnt even know what a downpipe was. Couple shops in Wc pa I like. Tbh tho, you can see if the shipping pucks are out if you just look and oil change is fairly easy job for anyone anywhere. I dont know anything close to newtown tho, 45m from here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Leading Edge Autosport in West Chester PA does all our work. Has done everything from normal maintenance to engine builds, turbo swaps etc.

http://www.leadingedgeautosport.com/

Mark, the owner does amazing work. Feel free to mention we sent anyone your way (no affiliation)

I second this, been there like 3 times. That are experts and Mark is cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2015WhiteGTI

Go Kart Champion
I know you had asked about a non-dealer mechanic, but why not go to an actual VW certified mechanic that will do anything that you want with regards to aftermarket?

I've used Smith VW in Wilmington DE for a few years now and they have been stellar, plus no sales tax if you purchase anything from them.

It's about 1 hour drive for me and would probably be longer for you, but I believe it'd be worth it.

When I was looking to do an LSD upgrade on my GTI, I contacted three shops (one of them was Smith VW). Smith was in the middle with regards to price.
Prior to this I had clicking in my transmission. Because Smith is a VW dealership, they were able to get my transmission replaced under warranty. With the new transmission sitting on the bench, they took it apart and installed the Peloquin LSD! Saved me a ton of shop time. If I had gone to another shop, I would have installed an LSD into a bad trans.