GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Technical Topics > Golf R Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2019, 08:23 AM   #341
azthegame

Drives: MK7 R
Quote:
Originally Posted by armstrom View Post
But do you have a stage 2 tune that disables the CEL? Or does your downpipe just perform well enough to prevent the light? I don't think it's possible to disable the secondary O2 sensor without at least one readiness failure. In my state we are able to pass emissions with one readiness failure so I was curious which monitors would be disabled on this platform when disabling the secondary O2 sensor.
-Matt
I run a tune from Ed on the Vortex and yes the o2 sensor is disabled as far as I know. Still get codes for o2 sensor lean but it doesn't trigger a light and all my readiness monitors shows ready. lol
Old 07-07-2019, 11:32 PM   #342
armstrom

Drives: 2016 Golf R
Quote:
Originally Posted by azthegame View Post
I run a tune from Ed on the Vortex and yes the o2 sensor is disabled as far as I know. Still get codes for o2 sensor lean but it doesn't trigger a light and all my readiness monitors shows ready. lol
Hmm, interesting. I didn't think that was possible. Good to know. I still need to decide if/when I'm going to get a tune. I just bought the car as a used CPO back in April and I'm not sure yet if I'm up for voiding my powertrain warranty early.
-Matt
Old 07-11-2019, 05:30 PM   #343
abbas16

Hey Ed,

Wondering what your normal turnaround is on your etunes? I sent my data logs in on Monday and haven't heard anything so far.

Sent from my LG-H915 using Tapatalk

Closed Thread