GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Mods (interior & exterior modifications)

Old 02-18-2019, 06:39 AM   #35
Shane_Anigans

Drives: 2017 GTI Sport DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by southpawboston
The color is black and matches, but the nap of the fibers is totally different.

I wonder if the fiber/nap difference makes them easy to clean? Up to this point, I wasn't even aware that someone make carpeted all-weather floorliners that fit like Weathertech but are 1/2 the price, so I think I might have to buy a set.
Old 02-18-2019, 01:40 PM   #36
southpawboston

Drives: '17 GSW S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane_Anigans View Post
I wonder if the fiber/nap difference makes them easy to clean? Up to this point, I wasn't even aware that someone make carpeted all-weather floorliners that fit like Weathertech but are 1/2 the price, so I think I might have to buy a set.
Its a very short nap. Its sonehow fused to a waterproof layer underneath. You just hose them clean and either drip dry or pat dry with a towel. They dont absorb any water.

past VAGs: '69 Type 3 Variant 1984 GTI '85 Scirocco Wolfsburg Edition '86 Scirocco '86 Audi 4000S
southpawboston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 05:41 PM   #37
mopar22

Drives: 16 GTI SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane_Anigans View Post
Where are you located in Mi? I'm in detroit so if you want to check them out in person you're more then free to
mopar22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 05:52 PM   #38
sprinks

Drives: GTI Mk7
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaqsheep View Post
I think I'm the only one who loves the GTI honeycomb monster mats. If only it had the same coverage as the aftermarket mats.
i hate the look of the aftermarket mats out there (aside from cocomats). I run the honeycomb monsters for the daily. When they get dirty, i just know it's time to clean the interior. :shrug:
Old 02-19-2019, 03:14 AM   #39
Shane_Anigans

Drives: 2017 GTI Sport DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by mopar22 View Post
Where are you located in Mi? I'm in detroit so if you want to check them out in person you're more then free to

I'm in Ann Arbor, but based on the pics, I'm willing to take a punt on them, sight unseen. I mean let's be honest, how much time am I really going to spend staring at the floor, to notice the color of the mats doesn't match exactly?
Old 02-19-2019, 04:01 AM   #40
Tooly

Drives: 2018 GTI Autobahn w/cloth 6spd
I ran Monster Mats in my mk5 and they lasted a year before a hole wore through from my heel by the brake/gas pedals.

On a side note, 3 pages discussing floor mats lol
Tooly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 07:26 AM   #41
ogrisker

Drives: 2015 MK7 GTI-S 6-Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.Nikkz View Post
I was so happy with my Monster mats until coming into this thread...
they are ok, but do not provide enough coverage. Especially up by the pedals. I was always getting that area dirty...
ogrisker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 07:26 AM   #42
ogrisker

Drives: 2015 MK7 GTI-S 6-Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooly View Post
I ran Monster Mats in my mk5 and they lasted a year before a hole wore through from my heel by the brake/gas pedals.

On a side note, 3 pages discussing floor mats lol
Same thing happened with those type of dealer mats in my old TDI Jetta
ogrisker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 03:22 PM   #43
mk7_bk

Drives: 2017 GTI S 6speed
I use the monster mats as they came with the car. I think they provide decent spill protection. I do agree by the pedals the rubber wears faster. The honeycomb is a good design to keep water ect. I think next year ill get like 1 or 2 of the wide weather tech ones for winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
| CTS: dp, intake, inlet, tmd | JB4 | GFB DV+ | Ram Air Intake Mod + Scoop | OBDeleven + glovebox holder | Neuspeed 27mm antiroll RSB | MOOG Endlinks | Resonator delete | Ebay Tips | deAuto Plate Lights | BFI Shift Knob | Diesel Geek Sigma Six Short Shifter | Clutch Spring Delete | BMS Clutch Pedal Stop | Bosch Wiper Blades | 034 Dogbone Insert | 20% tint all around | POOP | WeatherTech Rain guards | Rs7 plugs |
mk7_bk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 01:23 AM   #44
dunkelweizen

Drives: 2016 GTI 6MT Performance
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisoma View Post
I was skeptical about findways as their website is pretty budget but luckily for me they are local and I was able to see them first hand.

Weathertechs will be my last option. They are ok but fw are better looking (imo) and easier to clean. Salt comes off with just a pressure washer. Another note is the fw has mushroom tabs instead of holes. Less chance for water to seep thru when taking them out. The tabs seem to be the weak point as I broke one off just by regular Pulling. They sent me like 4 sets as a replacement. I guess they know they're not the greatest. I just pull it off more gentle and haven't broken another one since.

Never dealt with tuxmats (they are local to Toronto too) but the price and looks (again imo) swayed me away.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Just curious, does your clutch pedal push into the top of your Findway mat?

Asking because I just picked up a set and every time I push the clutch in, it pushes into the top of the mat and makes a creaking sound (plus it doesn't feel good like that) because there's a small void between the underside of the Findway and the carpet of the car where the clutch pedal is. I have a clutch stop too, so it doesn't even go in as far as a stock clutch would - which would make it worst.

Want to know if this is normal before I either get warranty exchange if not normal or refund if it is normal - which would be too bad, because they are great mats otherwise, especially for the price.
dunkelweizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 11:41 PM   #45
Anothermk7

Drives: 2018 GTI
Does anybody know the part # for the OEM 2019 Rabbit floor mats? they look like a much cleaner look then the mojo mats.
Anothermk7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 05:55 AM   #46
cinderbike

Drives: 18 GTI SE
Yeah the mojo mats are too much IMO. I have the monster mats and like the look, have Husky liners in the SUV and they work there but would look off in the GTI IMO.
cinderbike is offline   Reply With Quote