GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Massive Misfiring Issues

GTI-Jay

Ready to race!
***Update***

Timing chain issue has caused the engine oil to be covered in metal particles.... possibly the worst possible outcome. I need to either rebuild the engine or replace it. Going to go ahead and buy a second hand engine, and then trade the car in.

Selling the car was due to happen just as this happened. Just need to replace the engine first now which is depressing me. Just my luck....

Sucks OP, but its only money. Money better spent elsewhere no doubt. But better an engine which is completely fixable than say your health.

saiifqadiir001

Passed Driver's Ed
Sucks OP, but its only money. Money better spent elsewhere no doubt. But better an engine which is completely fixable than say your health.

Could not have put it better myself, just one of those thing isn't it. Oh well just an excuse to get a new car (trying to look at the positives)

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
***Update***

Timing chain issue has caused the engine oil to be covered in metal particles.... possibly the worst possible outcome. I need to either rebuild the engine or replace it. Going to go ahead and buy a second hand engine, and then trade the car in.

Selling the car was due to happen just as this happened. Just need to replace the engine first now which is depressing me. Just my luck....

Umm. Before you while off and buy a new engine. Why don't you try draining all oil from engine. Run a liquid moly engine flush. Idle for 20 minutes. Then refrain and refill again. Do not take their word for it that the engine is toast. If there are metal particles in the oil circulating try to get those out and see if the vibrations and misfires goes away.

GTI-Jay

Ready to race!
Umm. Before you while off and buy a new engine. Why don't you try draining all oil from engine. Run a liquid moly engine flush. Idle for 20 minutes. Then refrain and refill again. Do not take their word for it that the engine is toast. If there are metal particles in the oil circulating try to get those out and see if the vibrations and misfires goes away.

i wouldn't spend another penny diagnosing. The metal particles got in there for a reason and metal particles, well that's the signature thumbprint that its time for a replacement engine.

uberpolka

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI
Please pay for a Blackstone lab test.

Really just to see their reaction!

saiifqadiir001

Passed Driver's Ed

Metal fragments found all throughout the oil. Even if I drain all the oil out not all of the metal pieces will ever be removed, for me its not worth anymore hassle paying for more diagnosis the car has been off the road for 2 months. I picked up an engine today for £1600, getting fitted end of this week, trade in next week..... I hope