GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Floor Mats

zimmie2652

Ready to race!
I was skeptical about findways as their website is pretty budget but luckily for me they are local and I was able to see them first hand.

Weathertechs will be my last option. They are ok but fw are better looking (imo) and easier to clean. Salt comes off with just a pressure washer. Another note is the fw has mushroom tabs instead of holes. Less chance for water to seep thru when taking them out. The tabs seem to be the weak point as I broke one off just by regular Pulling. They sent me like 4 sets as a replacement. I guess they know they're not the greatest. I just pull it off more gentle and haven't broken another one since.

Never dealt with tuxmats (they are local to Toronto too) but the price and looks (again imo) swayed me away.

FW vs oem

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Ok, those do like very nice. Do they match better in person though? It may just be the lighting in the photo but they don’t look like they match very well.

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
There is a slight mismatch but i personally think it looks close enough and keeps it closer to factory look

Yeah, I’d agree the match isn’t perfect. The color is black and matches, but the nap of the fibers is totally different. Then again, rubber OEM Or weathertech mats don’t match, either, by that argument.

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
Yeah, I’d agree the match isn’t perfect. The color is black and matches, but the nap of the fibers is totally different. Then again, rubber OEM Or weathertech mats don’t match, either, by that argument.

Yep. Just gotta pick what works best for you. I had Weather tech in our Ram and Husky in my dart, yes they're good at what they do but they don't look that great to me and they only work in certain vehcile for looks like trucks for example. When i was looking at the gti and saw there was an all weather floor mat that looked like carpet and were cheaper, i just had to get it and haven't regretted it since. I found for the "rubber" mat they can get slick at times while i have yet to have that issue with these mats. Everyone has their own taste

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
southpawboston said:
The color is black and matches, but the nap of the fibers is totally different.

I wonder if the fiber/nap difference makes them easy to clean? Up to this point, I wasn't even aware that someone make carpeted all-weather floorliners that fit like Weathertech but are 1/2 the price, so I think I might have to buy a set.

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
I wonder if the fiber/nap difference makes them easy to clean? Up to this point, I wasn't even aware that someone make carpeted all-weather floorliners that fit like Weathertech but are 1/2 the price, so I think I might have to buy a set.

It’s a very short nap. It’s sonehow fused to a waterproof layer underneath. You just hose them clean and either drip dry or pat dry with a towel. They don’t absorb any water.

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI

Where are you located in Mi? I'm in detroit so if you want to check them out in person you're more then free to

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
I think I'm the only one who loves the GTI honeycomb monster mats. If only it had the same coverage as the aftermarket mats.

i hate the look of the aftermarket mats out there (aside from cocomats). I run the honeycomb monsters for the daily. When they get dirty, i just know it's time to clean the interior. :shrug:

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Where are you located in Mi? I'm in detroit so if you want to check them out in person you're more then free to

I'm in Ann Arbor, but based on the pics, I'm willing to take a punt on them, sight unseen. I mean let's be honest, how much time am I really going to spend staring at the floor, to notice the color of the mats doesn't match exactly?

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
I ran Monster Mats in my mk5 and they lasted a year before a hole wore through from my heel by the brake/gas pedals.

On a side note, 3 pages discussing floor mats lol

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
I use the monster mats as they came with the car. I think they provide decent spill protection. I do agree by the pedals the rubber wears faster. The honeycomb is a good design to keep water ect. I think next year ill get like 1 or 2 of the wide weather tech ones for winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dunkelweizen

Go Kart Newbie
I was skeptical about findways as their website is pretty budget but luckily for me they are local and I was able to see them first hand.

Weathertechs will be my last option. They are ok but fw are better looking (imo) and easier to clean. Salt comes off with just a pressure washer. Another note is the fw has mushroom tabs instead of holes. Less chance for water to seep thru when taking them out. The tabs seem to be the weak point as I broke one off just by regular Pulling. They sent me like 4 sets as a replacement. I guess they know they're not the greatest. I just pull it off more gentle and haven't broken another one since.

Never dealt with tuxmats (they are local to Toronto too) but the price and looks (again imo) swayed me away.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Just curious, does your clutch pedal push into the top of your Findway mat?

Asking because I just picked up a set and every time I push the clutch in, it pushes into the top of the mat and makes a creaking sound (plus it doesn't feel good like that) because there's a small void between the underside of the Findway and the carpet of the car where the clutch pedal is. I have a clutch stop too, so it doesn't even go in as far as a stock clutch would - which would make it worst.

Want to know if this is normal before I either get warranty exchange if not normal or refund if it is normal - which would be too bad, because they are great mats otherwise, especially for the price.