GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bilstein B16 Coilover Kit for DCC

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
I would install a mild spring in the stock DCC dampers and see how far you get.

By the time you’ll need to replace these should be more plentiful and cheaper.

gtikc

Passed Driver's Ed
Forgive me for a possibly stupid question....but i bought a mk 7 gti about 3 months ago (used). The modes i have are Normal, and then Sport which stiffens the dampers, and makes the engine louder/holds rpms higher. And Indiviual where you choose the settings.

Since i don't have comfort and race mode, this is a non DCC car correct?
In that case i would not need to take having dcc in consideration when getting coilovers?
Seems that since the car can stiffen the dampers, that this would still be a factor. I Apologise if this has already been discussed to death.

GolfRRRR1

Go Kart Champion
B4-B6 might be what I am thinking about. Sorry.

I am, without a doubt, buying the B6 DCC struts/shocks when I need to replace my stock units. If they are as good as all the Bilstein products I've installed on many of my other cars, then every level should perform far better than most of the other available struts/shocks out there.

B4 = stock OE replacement

B6 = step up in performance from OE stock (these with Eibach springs as suggested by a Bilstein engineer at SEMA would be a perfect no hassle marriage) plus 034 Dynamic+ camber mounts and you'll be 99% better than all the modified Golfs out there on a track

B16 = fully adjustable step up from B6 (corner balance this kit and you'll transform your Golf and handle in the top 1%)

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
Since i don't have comfort and race mode, this is a non DCC car correct?
In that case i would not need to take having dcc in consideration when getting coilovers?

On the driving mode screen it will say “DCC w/ Driving Mode” or something siimilar.

Also in Indivdual Mode you won’t have damper control.