GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY MIB1 to MIB2 Infotainment Conversion (Part 1)

stuntnuts

Go Kart Newbie
Did you have to do some coding changes to activate it? If so, can you post them? I have the same part # and software version in my 2017 GSE and would like to enable the performance monitor.

It just worked the first time I plugged it in. Removed Component Protection and it still functioned. Then, a day or two later, it no loner was there.

I did not mess with any coding between those instances. It is definitely tied into an FeC (the code is 00060400 Sport HMI). It was valid before the Component Protection removal, then invalid after, however it still worked.....for a day.

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
Has anyone been in contact with Jack recently? I messaged him twice over the last ~10 days but no response yet.

I know I'm on his time but all my equipment is in component protection until I can get him to help... really don't want to have to go to the dealer.

I'll wait until he's available I just wish I knew when that would be.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Sc629

Go Kart Newbie
Has anyone been in contact with Jack recently? I messaged him twice over the last ~10 days but no response yet.

I know I'm on his time but all my equipment is in component protection until I can get him to help... really don't want to have to go to the dealer.

I did happen to run into another guy on Facebook who does VW retrofits if you'd like me to get you his profile to contact

stuntnuts

Go Kart Newbie

He's been unresponsive to me for a few weeks.

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
Facebook guy is useless. Don't waste your time, I just spoke with him.
Bummer... thanks for the heads up.

I'm out of town most of next week anyway, so I'll give it til then to see if Jack comes back online... otherwise I'll try my luck at the dealer...

Sc629

Go Kart Newbie
Just found this on allthingsretrofit involving the retrofit from mib1

If Carplay does not work when the MIB2 Discover Pro is installed:
Enter 5F Information Electronics in VCDS

Enter Adaptation-10

Under "Channel 64B", select the channels listed below and make the following changes in the "New Value" Drop down.
IDE03471-ENG130249-Fahrzeugkonfiguration-Apple_DIO: change to "on"
IDE03471-ENG130248-Fahrzeugkonfiguration-Google_GAL: change to "ein"
IDE03471-ENG07590-Fahrzeugkonfiguration-Mirror_link,function_on_hmi_on: change to "on"
IDE10480-MAS10741-Schnittstelle für externen Medien: Aktivierung-Anschluss 1: change to "activated"

Press DO IT to save changes

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
Just found this on allthingsretrofit involving the retrofit from mib1

If Carplay does not work when the MIB2 Discover Pro is installed:
Enter 5F Information Electronics in VCDS

Enter Adaptation-10

Under "Channel 64B", select the channels listed below and make the following changes in the "New Value" Drop down.
IDE03471-ENG130249-Fahrzeugkonfiguration-Apple_DIO: change to "on"
IDE03471-ENG130248-Fahrzeugkonfiguration-Google_GAL: change to "ein"
IDE03471-ENG07590-Fahrzeugkonfiguration-Mirror_link,function_on_hmi_on: change to "on"
IDE10480-MAS10741-Schnittstelle für externen Medien: Aktivierung-Anschluss 1: change to "activated"

Press DO IT to save changes

Is this applicable to before or after removing component protection from the MIB2?

Sc629

Go Kart Newbie
Is this applicable to before or after removing component protection from the MIB2?

Probably after but I don't know if it will apply to us. It was based of Eurozone's retrofit system which usually comes coded ready to go already

stuntnuts

Go Kart Newbie
Update:

I received and installed my 5G0-035-222-E harness today and viola.....fully functioning CarPlay. I'm beyond stoked. I'm still missing Bluetooth and Voice Commands, but as I previously stated, I never used those in my life prior to this en devour.