GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Aerofabb spoiler extension

Pickleahoy1

Ready to race!
I wish it was thicker at the tip (seriously, make the thing like 1/8" thicker). Would look a lot more premium and be a better pleasure to the eyes.

I love that it matches the lines of the rest of the spoiler unlike the other offerings.

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Oof, that's awful expensive for a waterjet/lasercut (if they have a CO2 laser) piece of 3mm polycarbonate sheet with a few countersunk holes.

sandmangti

Autocross Newbie
As this mounts under the hatch spoiler I can add to my Maxton spoiler and have two spoilers. Twice the down force!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Oof, that's awful expensive for a waterjet/lasercut (if they have a CO2 laser) piece of 3mm polycarbonate sheet with a few countersunk holes.

Buying equipment and renting a facility to do this isn’t cheap. Like myself, Rich is developing & making these products himself in North Carolina (I’m actually in SC, but not far) as a one man operation. Considering his products are made in America and still priced competitively with mass produced Chinese options I think the pricing is very fair...and personally would prefer to support small business.

I have a Maxton extension on my car, but definitely like the clean flowing lines of his piece

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Buying equipment and renting a facility to do this isn’t cheap. Like myself, Rich is developing & making these products himself in North Carolina (I’m actually in SC, but not far) as a one man operation. Considering his products are made in America and still priced competitively with mass produced Chinese options I think the pricing is very fair...and personally would prefer to support small business.

I have a Maxton extension on my car, but definitely like the clean flowing lines of his piece

I design parts and machines for a living. A flat sheet of plastic cut to size is about as low effort as it gets manufacturing wise, and can be easily sourced for reasonable prices from a large number of shops at the volumes he's probably making them at. There's no tooling costs (except maybe some hold down fixturing for post processing) and little in the way of skilled labor for making the parts.

As for expensive equipment, if you want to bring it in house, you can easily cut 3mm polycarbonate on a cnc router, which can be had for 5-15k depending on quality. I'm not saying that's not a big expenditure for an individual, but it's peanuts in the world of manufacturing.

Three dimensional molded parts or carbon layup parts require expensive tools (especially with the fairly large geometry - we're talking easily 50k in tooling in China, double that in the US at best), and carbon layup parts also require a fair amount of skill to get quality parts.

Don't get me wrong - I think it's a cool and very clever solution, I just think the price is really steep considering the competition.

Last edited:

eurospek

Just finished watching Fast&Fu

Then you shouldn’t like at his front lip pricing.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
I design parts and machines for a living. A flat sheet of plastic cut to size is about as low effort as it gets manufacturing wise, and can be easily sourced for reasonable prices from a large number of shops at the volumes he's probably making them at. There's no tooling costs (except maybe some hold down fixturing for post processing) and little in the way of skilled labor for making the parts.

As for expensive equipment, if you want to bring it in house, you can easily cut 3mm polycarbonate on a cnc router, which can be had for 5-15k depending on quality. I'm not saying that's not a big expenditure for an individual, but it's peanuts in the world of manufacturing.

Three dimensional molded parts or carbon layup parts require expensive tools (especially with the fairly large geometry - we're talking easily 50k in tooling in China, double that in the US at best), and carbon layup parts also require a fair amount of skill to get quality parts.

Don't get me wrong - I think it's a cool and very clever solution, I just think the price is really steep considering the competition.

His pricing is competitive and his parts are of way better quality than the Chinese junk that’s out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion

Opinion, and it’s priced competitively since it’s on the low end of what’s available.

My dad sells machine shop equipment (stamping presses, feed lines, CNC mills/lathes, waterjet, wire EDM, ect) & has ran his own business since 1992. I started working in high end machine shops the summer before 8th grade.

I’m currently working for a major airline as a technician (nearly 8 years with them).

I currently also build production parts for Mk7.

So to say the least I’m familiar with manufacturing and it’s costs. I can’t begin to wrap my head around where you get $150 is high

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
I wonder if he complains about the costs of cellphones vs company costs of production.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I wonder if he complains about the costs of cellphones vs company costs of production.

Or anything made overseas for that matter lol

My mk7.5 rep headlights came straight from Korea where they were made by Samsung...customs declaration said “value $90”. I paid $645 for them

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
I think its the nicest one out there (love it), but drilling holes in my OEM spoiler was a deal-breaker for me.

So far...that's been my biggest hangup about this piece. The screws don't seem that big and look pretty clean from the pics. I already got in on the pre order...so I'll have to see when it arrives. I wonder how difficult it is to replace the plastic piece under the wing? There are enough GTI's out there being parted...so getting that piece won't be too hard.

carchrism5

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Damn, attacking a guy who is running an enthusiast business and put a retail price of $150 on a nice looking part? Rich designed one, posted it up and people gave input, he took the input and started over and came up with this, exactly what people asked for.

I bet you think DVDs should cost $0.10 too.

This is a great part, I ordered one because its a great product from someone who cares. I like supporting enthusiasts here (I'm also running GTI Jake's FMIC).