GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Snow tires, when are you putting them on?

Rogues Gambit

Ready to race!
If you're running full summer tires you probably should be swapping sooner rather than later since that rubber is no good when it gets cold, forget about actually bad weather.

That being said, you don't -need- to run snow tires in NJ, the winter here isn't that serious. Unless you have the kind of job that is going to demand you get there during or immediately after storms good all seasons are perfectly adequate. Or you happen to live on the side of a mountain or someplace else way out of the way where they don't clean the roads quickly.

For most people driving in the snow is totally optional.

She works nights in medical and hasn't dealt with snow (only mildly in TN), so she's taking no chances here, where as I got AS Pirelli's on my Audi

Otherwise, I'd get her AS Michelin's and upsize them to 17's to boot

nabwong

Passed Driver's Ed
Lived in Boston and now Philly. Embarrassed to say I’ve never used winter tires before but I finally bought a set of Falken Eurowinter HS449 and am looking forward to the cold weather. Today is a ridiculous high of 67.

Rogues Gambit

Ready to race!
Lived in Boston and now Philly. Embarrassed to say I’ve never used winter tires before but I finally bought a set of Falken Eurowinter HS449 and am looking forward to the cold weather. Today is a ridiculous high of 67.

Today's in the 60's as well, and I hear tomorrow will be 72

Gotta love this crazy weather

Evil Minion

Ready to race!
If you can find them in your size, I'd recommend looking into General Altimax Arctic tires. They are very well priced, work very well in the winter, and are long lasting to boot.

I had them on my old WRX which was a beast with them, and my wife has them on her Fusion now. She's been using them for 5 seasons so far and the tread depth has barely gone down.

nabwong

Passed Driver's Ed
Today's in the 60's as well, and I hear tomorrow will be 72

Gotta love this crazy weather

This has got to be the warmest Halloween ever. Didn’t need a jacket. My tires came today but looks like I wont be able to install them until a few weeks later.

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
AS3+ look to be the perfect tire for the cold rain and limited snow we have in southern PA. I'm thinking of switching out the pilot super sports this weekend.

Most importantly the dog is a big fan

Last edited:

nabwong

Passed Driver's Ed
AS3+ look to be the perfect tire for the cold rain and limited snow we have in southern PA. I'm thinking of switching out the pilot super sports this weekend.

Most importantly the dog is a big fan

Nice. I’m looking to get a set in the spring for 3 seasons (spring-summer-fall). Looking forward to your impressions.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule

I haven't used snows in Philly since the early 70's, when all-seasons came out.

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
Today. That’s when you put them on.