GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

R Line bumper swap

robby1

Ready to race!
Hi
I have a 2016 GT (UK car) and was looking to fit the R Line front bumper onto it.
Does anyone know what parts i'll need for the swap apart from the actual bumper?
I have foglights in my current bumper so will these fit or are the R line ones different? Is the centre grille the same?

I would fit the R bumper but not sure what to do about the foglights (would i have a dash warning if i didn't have the lights fitted - i don't have software to code them out)

Thanks

Current front bumper

Jozh

Passed Driver's Ed
I have the Rline so hope this helps.

There are also different rline bumpers
Normal

Drivers assist(extra parking sensors, cutout in lower grill for ACC sensor) Which I have, highlighted in Red

Lighting Package(Washer caps if you have xenon lights)
Drivers Assist+Lighting

The center grille, if you are referring to the upper grille where the VW badge is, yes they are the same with the exception of the extra rline badge.
As for fogs, hard to tell on your pic, but the inner light looks the same size. but mine has a longer piece of glass the front.

robby1

Ready to race!
Thanks Jozh, very helpful
I was referring to the lower centre grill being the same but looking at your it looks like the R Line is deeper.
I did wonder about the extra sensors on the ends as i thought bumper with those had had them retrofitted - make sense now.
Not sure about the foglights being the same? hmm
I'd also need the foglight surrounds and maybe the chrome strip underneath?
Looking at used bumpers + painting (they all have marks/ scuffs), grilles, fog surrounds, chrome it'll add up to £450+ not sure if it's worth the cost?

robby1

Ready to race!
Were you able to execute this?

Still undecided which way to go
Spoke to parts guy at dealers who "thinks" the fog lights are the same, so buying bumper, having it painted then buying grilles and other trims will be around £450 and then maybe another £150 if i need fogs :(

I was thinking of getting a R bumper as no fogs needed but not sure if i'd get an error on dash with fogs disconnected?

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
the lamps themselves will be the same but the housings will be different. Unless the bumper you get comes with housings, you'll need to source them yourself. Maybe try to find a salvage yard with an R line? Or look on ebay for a complete, pure white, bumper?