GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI October Incentives 10/2-10/31

Tacoloco

Thank you for the responses. I’ve looked through the catalog and the only options (that matter to my wife) are the parking sensors, parking assist and the overhead camera.

Based on what car (2013 328i) she’s coming from, I would say she might not need these options.

Another thing is is the color. The autobahn is only available in black, and the SE I can get in the preferred color of white.

I had a dealer accept a 31k OTD price for the SE. this however, doesn’t seem like it’s that great of a deal after I’ve read through all the posts in this thread.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Anyway, I paid $33K OTD for my '17 Autobahn last December 15. We didn't know when the '18s were coming out, so I just bought what satisfied me and was available. No regrets.

I would say $35K OTD might be expensive.

I dont think thats a valid comparison. One has to consider $1805 increase in MSRP between 2017 and 2018 Autobahn with DSG.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Vj123 - I forgot about the price increase from ‘17 to ‘18. Thank you for the info.

As mentioned in my previous post, anyone can rate your deal only with selling price before TTL (not OTD) and msrp of that particular vehicle to understand the exact discount.

LetsTakeATrip

Passed Driver's Ed
The MSRP is the suggested retail price with all the options. Since a price of $28k before TTL would be a better price for an SE with DSG and leather than for an SE with a manual transmission and cloth seats, it is helpful to know the MSRP for the car with the options you're considering.

On the other hand if you don't know the MSRP just say if the one you're talking about is automatic or manual and whether it has leather or cloth seats.

Tacoloco

The car is a SE with DSG and leather. The car is posted for 30, but I asked for an OTD price of 31k. Utilizing my silly math of roughly 9.1% increase over The “new” MSRP, I came up with 28k.

I haven’t received the full quote from the dealer yet, but all I really care about is the OTD price right now.

Do these numbers look right to you guys?

Thanks in advance.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
The car is a SE with DSG and leather. The car is posted for 30, but I asked for an OTD price of 31k. Utilizing my silly math of roughly 9.1% increase over The “new” MSRP, I came up with 28k.

I haven’t received the full quote from the dealer yet, but all I really care about is the OTD price right now.

Do these numbers look right to you guys?

No one here cares how much the car is listed in dealer’s webpage or what your OTD price is.

While buying a vehicle part of your payment goes to the dealer (which matters the most to rate any deal) and the rest (tax and title) goes to gov. Tax and title fee totally depends on where the buyer resides.

If you want anyone to help you out or rate your deal, you got to provide the necessary information (msrp and selling price without TTL) as requested in previous posts.

LetsTakeATrip

Passed Driver's Ed
Okay okay registration etc. is around $266 in CA, tax is usually around 9% depending on location, so probably around $28.2 before TTL. MSRP for my SE DSG w/leather I got a few months ago was $33,345 (no monster mats, but included roadside assistance kit and cargo net).

I think $28.2 is decent for an SE DSG w/ leather in California based on what others have said about prices there. You could get another $2k off in other parts of the country but with all the hassle involved it may not be worthwhile to you. Prices could go down further but at this point you run the risk of losing out on options.