GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2106 Golf R Engine Failure

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
No one looked up the motor part number? It's a $9,000 MSRP long block they're charging him $5,500 for. OP, the first thing I would have done was drive the 50 miles to this dealer AND LOOK AT IT! Go to any local new car dealer or independent shop, find a motor ASE-certified mechanic and pay him to go with you to look at it, since you don't have the ability to determine if the block is trashed. If the repair dealer is using your motor as a core credit then it's probably repairable, or they're going to hit you with, sorry when they got the core it wasn't usable and you owe us another $3,500. You might want to look up the term, mechanic's lien.

https://parts.vw.com/p/Volkswagen__/LONG-BLOCK/65122836/06K100034J.html?

mk7Gashi

Passed Driver's Ed
APR charges $6500 for the engine and $3600 for the core. If his engine is toast, wouldn't he be spending $10,100 on the APR engine, plus installation? :(

$10,100 from apr plus labor would still be cheaper than going to VW for a new engine. I had the same experience with my 15 gti where my engine failed at 88k the shop that I took my car too is a apr dealer and told me 15 and 16 gti/GolfR engines have this problem. Paid for the apr engine crate and I’m loving it now with apr stage 2+

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OBP

Go Kart Newbie
$10,100 from apr plus labor would still be cheaper than going to VW for a new engine. I had the same experience with my 15 gti where my engine failed at 88k the shop that I took my car too is a apr dealer and told me 15 and 16 gti/GolfR engines have this problem. Paid for the apr engine crate and I’m loving it now with apr stage 2+

What ever happened to the pics of all the blown up engines you promised?

mk7Gashi

Passed Driver's Ed
What ever happened to the pics of all the blown up engines you promised?

Never promised anything just busy. I sent the engine to my buddies shop to open it up and inspect it. Photos should be soon.

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
.......I had the same experience with my 15 gti where my engine failed at 88k the shop that I took my car too is a apr dealer and told me 15 and 16 gti/GolfR engines have this problem.......
Anymore details on that?
Specifically how the engines fail?