GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hesitation/Stutter Hard Acceleration Uphill

ASRman

Strange thing happened today. Had a couple of weighty passengers in the back of my car (which is extremely unusual as I typically only ever have one sitting in the front). Was on a national speed limit road which was quite hilly and I was driving somewhat spiritedly when I floored it in 3rd gear around 3k rpm up a fairly steep hilly incline section. The car initially pulled hard followed by what I can only describe as a stutter or boost/fuel cut. I lifted off immediately and then reapplied and was there was no issues. It also did not exhibit this behaviour when going on the flats or less hilly sections.

I have been trying to diagnose a rough idle past few weeks which has led me to changing the PCV breather hose, performed full boost leak test and just yesterday I had brand new spark plugs and coils changed. Whilst this has all helped slightly the idle isn't great. Could a bad fuel injector cause the issue I experienced above?

Obviously uphill there's more load together with passengers in the car, I also thought it could be clutch slipping.

I'm running full stage 2 software and DSG map. I have the 7 speed dq381. Never ever noticed this issue before until today when car had much more weight onboard. I scanned the car with OBDeleven no fault codes.

ASRman

Forgot to mention cars tested thoroughly for vacuum and boost leaks (up to 30 psi) including smoke testing and no leaks found.
At this point I'm thinking either high pressure fuel pump, injectors or DSG slip

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
Under extreme load the car might need to do timing adaption if the flash tune doesn't take instances like this into account and its most likely what you felt.

This is typically the disadvantage when inexperienced guys do custom tunes using the dyno as a tuning tool where the car never gets similar load to road conditions.