GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Working in IT?

DrewB

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 Pure White Sport
Central PA IT consulting co here. Handle IT duties for a range of clients in and around Central PA. 7 Years at current job, ~15 years in the IT industry.

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
I'm the unofficial local IT guy when co-workers don't want to call the helpdesk, does that count?

Lmike6453

Ready to race!
Systems Engineer

- UNIX System Administration
- Project design, planning, implementation for new solutions / software integrations

#Command_Line_Hero

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
I'm the unofficial local IT guy when co-workers don't want to call the helpdesk, does that count?
You're not the only one, I keep a cache of toner, ribbons(yes, ribbons), video cards, keyboards, etc...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
IT QA/Software Testing/Application Support for Wawa Inc out of Philadelphia. If anyone in the area knows of any openings in similar roles, please let me know! I've been interning since January, graduated from Rutgers in May with an IT degree... Just looking to make my first jump to a real full-time position.

Started my first professional "career" job on Monday! Landed a permanent role as Point of Sale Systems Admin with Wawa. Super excited about it!

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
Started my first professional "career" job on Monday! Landed a permanent role as Point of Sale Systems Admin with Wawa. Super excited about it!
I'm not even from this region, but congrats! Always great to finally get that foot in the door and see where it takes you

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
One time I wrote an excel if formula with nested vlookups, so I'm basically Bill Gates.

launchd

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2023 M3LR, 2021 A7
+1

yeahforbes

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Golf R DSG
Web engineer checking in. I hear the HEX-NET has a built in web server, so I might have to pick one up.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
One time I wrote an excel if formula with nested vlookups, so I'm basically Bill Gates.

I recorded a macro once on excel and became the vba guy at work. Now im pretty good at writing vba code and I get asked to do it frequently. I also do some of the IT work on my computer better than our help desk. Most of the time the only reason i call is for them to remote in to sign in for admin rights then i ask for control back

KlipZ

Ready to race!
I recorded a macro once on excel and became the vba guy at work. Now im pretty good at writing vba code and I get asked to do it frequently. I also do some of the IT work on my computer better than our help desk. Most of the time the only reason i call is for them to remote in to sign in for admin rights then i ask for control back

Ah, the company "IT Person" that isn't in the IT department. We just love your type.

No offense to you at all, I'm more joking than anything. But in my experience every company has that one person who thinks they know their shit better than every tech in the company and believes we're all incompetent.

I had one of these types today go to their department director because they've "been monitoring their computer and noticed some processes will queue discs usage to 100% and discs should NEVER touch 100%" Next thing you know I've got this director hounding me and my team for a "solution."

Ok bud.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion

Good for you bro, I’m assuming your at their HQ off rt1, i need a philly meet up or something. Only car ppl i know are on here :feelsbadman:

I guess i can post tho, i do software testing. Went to school for CS, wasnt the best at teaching myself java, then java 2, then sql, then c+, then c sharp, the php (all web languages) all in 2 years time so i landed in testing, which I really like. I used to test a microservice system and pythong ;) but now its MS and sql stuff :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk