GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dog bone mount upgrade poly or solid ?

NathanGTD

Hey newbie here,

I am used to such different cars so bare with me.
Choose the GTD as a daily as I do so many miles with work and found a cracker in a rare ish colour with low miles and 1owner.
I used to do a lot of motorsport with my previous business Of importing jap cars and I still get the urge to hit the track.
Sadly I don’t have a Subaru spec c race car anymore just the GTD.
I want to tighten it up and get the power up slightly and do the occasional track day with my partner.
Sorting the chassis and mapping is easy I have the contacts and my ex sponsors to sort the suspension I will be using Whiteline products throughout.
My issue is the engine and trans movement it’s horrendous cars done 20k it’s not worn or abused had an elderly owner.
I am coming from my last daily a 2013 A200 diesel amg line,this car had 0 slop or movement compared to the Golf I hear a dogbone mount insert can sort it but only the power flex type on the diesels and not the solid inserts can anyone advise me better ?
Thanks in advance

Jayzeable

Passed Driver's Ed
I’m following this with interest, this is something I’ve wanted to for ages, hopefully my next mod.

Originally, I wanted to purchased a 034 Dogbone, but was told I’d suffer from NVH as it’s a GTD.

...so I left it alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mickyp1989

Does anyone know the part number for the dog bone mount? I have a 2013 gtd and I know there are two different looking mounts? I want to order the power flex one but aren’t sure which one? ��

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
Had an 034 on my GTI for a few years and no NVH at all.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
getting the powerflex red (diesel) insert fitted on friday. hopefully notice a improvement

Cool, let us know how it works. Could be a nice soft alternative for a GTI as well if you want less drivetrain slop without the vibes.

Mickyp1989

Cool, let us know how it works. Could be a nice soft alternative for a GTI as well if you want less drivetrain slop without the vibes.

couldn't get the part in stock in time for my service so whilst i wait i have ordered a ST 25mm rear anti roll bar to be fitted at the same time. Nothing but good reviews regarding transforming the handling. I know from my previous car that having a rear anti roll bar definately made the car much flatter on cornering. :D

Mickyp1989

After having the red powerflex (diesel) dogbone insert fitted i cant report it certainly makes a noticeable improvement. The car seems to put its power down much better with reduced wheelspin. Just feels like it removes a bit of slack out of the transmission. Only minor negative is a tiny bit of vibration through the car but its only really noticeable stationary, but with stop start the engine probably isnt on when stationary anyway.

Would highly reccomend this mod. cheap and easy to install

Also double check which insert to get as they are 2 versions for diesels (assume it must depend on the year the car was made)