GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone in UK bought a NEW Golf 1.5 TSI Petrol Manual recently?

Judesman

Ready to race!
There have been a lot of reports about the Golf 1.5 TSI petrol, manual gearbox engine recently. There seems to be a problem with kangarooing, hesitating or flat spotting at road junctions and roundabouts. This seems to apply to the manual version of the vehicle and there are reports of some drivers getting into serious situations at roundabouts etc. I refer to new vehicles purchased in the UK.

Forums tend to report bad news but, has anyone bought one of these cars that HASN'T caused any problems? I would like to know please.

I originally posted here: https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?p=821949#post821949

IanLS16

Can't help you, as I have the 1.5TSI and it kangaroos a bit. Bit of a nightmare in stop start traffic, so thanks for the HJ link.

Chris43

Go Kart Champion
Hello, I'm an old member of this forum, I haven't been in for a while as swapped my GTD for an A3.

I have the 1.5tsi with a manual box in my A3, I'd stake a sizeable amount of money the configuration is identical to the Golf. I've had the car almost 2 years now and don't have any of the issues listed above.

Judesman

Ready to race!
Good to have some replies, thank you. The HJ Forum details all the cars that are causing problems. It seems that all 1.5 TSI engines in a whole range of makes, VW, Skoda and models are causing problems but mainly in manual gearbox models.

Can it be, that after all this time VW are still allowing faulty cars off their production line?

IanLS16, sorry to hear about your problems, very worrying I should think. Do you know the date of manufacture for your car please?

IanLS16

It's not as bad as some of the others in that HJ thread, I've adapted to it but if a fix came along i'd be happy as well. Someone on the thread mentioned turning off the stop start, will give that a try tomorrow.

Would've been Jan 2018, was one of the first, no reviews at the time mentioned the issue.

Judesman

Ready to race!
Ian, you shouldn't have to turn off stop - start though.

HJ mentioned the problem again in his Telegraph column this weekend so I might contact him and see if I can get an update.