Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
Well it's been a while but here are a number of updates:

Suspension
H&R Performance Plus Coilovers were put on replacing the PSS10s

Engine/Drivetrain
USP Motorsports Tear Duct Intake
034 Turbo Muffler Delete (not installed yet)
034 upper and lower dogbone insert (not installed yet)

Exterior
MK7.5 Rep Tail lights with dynamic blinkers
Dynamic side mirror turn signals
Aerofabb spoiler extension (not installed yet)

Wheels:
Konig Ampliforms 18x8.5 with 8mm spacers up front and 10mm in rear with Blizzaks for winter
034 stud kit

Other:
CF fuse box cover (I don't really know why)

I will update the main post and add more pictures.

Why the change in Coilovers?

x2 on why the Coilover change?

carchrism5

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
x2 on why the Coilover change?

I was lucky enough to get a defective set of strut mounts that caused a ton of headaches, clunks and ultimately destroying both of my front coils. I loved the PSS10s but one issues was they are not easy to get your hands on parts for. So after the coils snapped I decided to go with H&R because I liked the design better of the integrated camber mount and eliminating the strut mount. I ended up buying new front coils for the PSS10s and sold them, buyer essentially got a half new set of coils. It was a very long process figuring it all out and not fun so I just wanted to be done using those mounts. Overall the PSS10s are amazing, and had I not gotten a bad set of mounts to start I would have happily kept them.

carchrism5

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
More updates,
Started off by doing just a few cosmetic CF touches from https://premiumdeutschcarbon.com/. Did the door handles, a pillars and headlight switch.

Then after seeing how quality of their stuff I did the center radio trim, climate control surround and the front A/C vents on each side. Looked great but wasn't happy with the contrast between the factory cluster surround and new CF so I ordered cluster surround pictured below.

Also put the summers back on. Might adjust the new suspension again for summer.

Last edited:

mongaro

Hey man. Awesome build. I'm doing TTRS brakes up front and have rennforms 19x9 same as you, but wrapped in a 245/40. I want to know how it will end up looking profile wise. I know I need a 5mm. I'm just waiting of the spacers. I'm scrambling around to find how much poke there is up front. You are the closest setup to what I'm working with. Is there no poke? I saw a couple of your pics, but there is no clear shot of the front profile fitment. I just don't want to end up looking like a muscle car. Thanks in advance.

carchrism5

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Went to Lime Rock recently, here are a few pictures from their autocross track.

And the cluster finally arrived.

carchrism5

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Hey man. Awesome build. I'm doing TTRS brakes up front and have rennforms 19x9 same as you, but wrapped in a 245/40. I want to know how it will end up looking profile wise. I know I need a 5mm. I'm just waiting of the spacers. I'm scrambling around to find how much poke there is up front. You are the closest setup to what I'm working with. Is there no poke? I saw a couple of your pics, but there is no clear shot of the front profile fitment. I just don't want to end up looking like a muscle car. Thanks in advance.

I don't think they make 19x9, I'm running 18x9 and I wouldn't say it really as poke. I'm please with the look of the wheels, may just trying 245 tires next time. PM me if you have any questions, I check those more often.

uberpolka

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI
Nice!

I took a look on https://premiumdeutschcarbon.com and am super excited to finally find someone selling an alcantara dsg boot that works with the factory shifter knob.

BFI confirmed theirs does not so PDC just got a sale from me. :)

Their carbon bits all look high quality too!