GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Bassman

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
I never had the OEM sunshade but I'd like to say it's worth it, fits like a glove. I park mainly outside so this will be awesome in the summer heat.

I got the Carhartt edition (brown/bronze) sunshade for my MK7 and it’s great for the SC heat. Fits like a glove. Had to wait 2-3 weeks for that custom order to arrive. Ordered it directly from CoverCraft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
Today was also a good day[emoji846]. Finally received my sunshade from Covercraft and my new mats from TuxMats! The Tuxmats have vastly superior coverage compared to the OEM Monster Mats and are made out of a waterproof material that looks like the OEM "leather".

Ugh I did not need to see this. The coverage of those mats is way better than what the WeatherTech set offers. I'm very tempted to buy the whole set to replace my WeatherTechs...

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Ugh I did not need to see this. The coverage of those mats is way better than what the WeatherTech set offers. I'm very tempted to buy the whole set to replace my WeatherTechs...

After having had it for a day I love them. They are also really grippy and have tabs that clip into the interior door trim which prevent having gaps between the floor and the mat. The heavy duty rubberized mat for the drivers right foot is also a nice touch.

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn

I have mats from Findway in my GTI. Oem carpet look, watertight, garden hose washable and they rise up the sides a little. I find that monster mats and weathertechs look dirty all the time and the sides start to deform.

I've had Findways in my wife's Subaru for the last 3 years and after a quick hose off they look brand new.

https://www.findway.ca/f518-style-3...wagen/golf-~-gti/2018/5-door-hatchback/63350b

stillwellm10

Ready to race!
I never had the OEM sunshade but I'd like to say it's worth it, fits like a glove. I park mainly outside so this will be awesome in the summer heat.

I got the Carhartt edition (brown/bronze) sunshade for my MK7 and it’s great for the SC heat. Fits like a glove. Had to wait 2-3 weeks for that custom order to arrive. Ordered it directly from CoverCraft.

Great thanks guy for the vote of confidence! I'll have to take a look at them! :D

RadioFlyer

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GSX-Rs
Superpro ALOY0018K! It was a bit of a wait but these beauties finally arrived. Very well packaged too I might add.

:cool:
I would recommend applying a generous amount of synthetic grease to those bearings before installation.
Yeah, it has some, but more is better.

Dubstro

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 2dr GTI 6MT
:cool:
I would recommend applying a generous amount of synthetic grease to those bearings before installation.
Yeah, it has some, but more is better.

Thanks for the tip! Can you explain why? This is a new area for me and more I can learn the better.

Dubstro

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 2dr GTI 6MT
Just attention to detail. Mine had "some" grease under the seals. But seeing how this isn't a part that is gonna be removed regulary for service a little preventative maintenance up front can't hurt.

Ah I see. I’ll have to make a reminder to pick up some grease. Appreciate the heads up!

slow12s

Ready to race!
Pendulum mount came in...will be installing it today or tomorrow...for those that have installed this, did you use loctite on the threads or grease for the insert? I already have the insert on my car and didn't use any grease when installing it. Thanks

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk