GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fitment issues with GTI rear valance

Fried_Soap

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Golf TSI 5MT
I've just spent two hours trying to install the final touch to my new OEM GTI catback -- the rear valance. It is supposed to just smoothly "clip on" but something is off. On my old valance, these two prongs highlighted in green went into the little holes without any trouble, but the new valance's prongs will not sit in the slots(blue)(other one is hidden it is so far back); in fact, it seems like they're all in the wrong place.

I also have no clue what to put in those other holes highlighted with red in order to hold the ends in place. It seems like the GTI has an extra rubber part right there but VW's parts website and literally every single online resource I've seen is useless at showing me the lower bumper diagram...

Is there any difference between the GTI and Golf bumper? I was under the impression that they were identical, but mine sure isn't working right. Any help would be greatly appreciated... :confused::confused::confused:

Snapchat-1441390422.jpg

Fried_Soap

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Golf TSI 5MT

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
Some holes are for when you install factory mud flaps so one or two holes will be visible if you don’t have them.

Sorry that I can not help you with the other issue but I do believe that the bumper is the same as the GTI unless it’s an 18 bumper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Let me know how this turns out. I'm interested in putting a GTI valence on my golf as well, with exhaust. Unlikely to be adding mud flaps so not concerned about the unused hole(s)/tabs for that but I'm not on board with having to zip tie anything.

From all of the previous threads I've seen people say it's an simple swap. And that the bumpers are identical otherwise. I'll save up for a new bumper in lieu of using zip ties if that's the only way. Or replace the tips on the current exhaust.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

kimyoung8484

Passed Driver's Ed
I've done this mod and you are right. It does fit but there are few holes that we don't have. My brother has GTI and when I looked underneath his car there is a bracket looking clip that aligns with these holes. I just didn't bother and basically used similar size screw to hold them. Ziptie may not be a bad idea either. It doesn't hold much weight and I have had no issues so far. Hope this helps.

TJN

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack S
I have installed GTI turboback along with the valance on my Golf. You need retainers pictured below under #8

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk