GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified Automotive Custom Etune

Squareroot

Passed Driver's Ed
Got my first custom log thru Stratified. Let me just say that it is indeed immediately noticeable compared to the stage 1 ots map. I really didn't believe it would make that big of a difference, but it really does.

One thing that I noticed is that it seemed a bit sluggish and less drivable at the low end... About 1200-2000 rpm. Is this normal? Do the tuners make adjustments down this low? If so, is it something they could fix without hurting the extra grunt I'm noticing at the upper end? Can I have my cake and eat it too?

Unpaid advertisement and On a side note, these guys at stratified truly are class acts. The customer service and customer engagement is second to none in this industry. The level of professionalism and the way that they listen to feedback from their customer base truly makes this company great. I really look forward to continuing to work with them while they continue to make my car even more dialed in.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
What was better about uni? I'm hoping I'll be alright. So far with the second revision it's still hauling ass and no slip *knock on wood*. I know it's got some more in it though so idk if that will push it. I'd like to get a tcu tune in the future regardless. Would love Cobb to finally drop and hopefully at a competitive price. Would be nice for stratified to be able to get a custom tcu tune to match the ecu.

Sent from my ONEPLUS 5T using Tapatalk

I know opinions will vary on this, but I do not love the clutch engagement or shift points on the APR IS38 TCU tune.

The car revs a few hundred RPM more than stock when taking off from a dead stop with minimal throttle input. Not a big deal, but unnecessary IMO.

They tried to make it feel eager. It downshifts soon, upshifts late, etc. It's a car with 400+hp and tq...I don't need the trans to constantly respond like it's an econo-box and needs to downshift to run over an ant.

Last edited:

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
I know opinions will vary on this, but I do not love the clutch engagement or shift points on the APR IS38 TCU tune.

The car revs a few hundred RPM more than stock when taking off from a dead stop with minimal throttle input. Not a big deal, but unnecessary IMO.

They tried to make it feel eager. It downshifts soon, upshifts late, etc. It's a car with 400+hp and tq...I don't need the trans to constantly respond like it's an econo-box and needs to downshift to run over an ant.
So I take it that it feels a bit jerky off the line. Makes sense they want it to seem more aggressive. Hopefully Cobbs is great or strat can make it great.

marauder

Go Kart Newbie
Got my first custom log thru Stratified. Let me just say that it is indeed immediately noticeable compared to the stage 1 ots map. I really didn't believe it would make that big of a difference, but it really does.

One thing that I noticed is that it seemed a bit sluggish and less drivable at the low end... About 1200-2000 rpm. Is this normal? Do the tuners make adjustments down this low? If so, is it something they could fix without hurting the extra grunt I'm noticing at the upper end? Can I have my cake and eat it too?

Unpaid advertisement and On a side note, these guys at stratified truly are class acts. The customer service and customer engagement is second to none in this industry. The level of professionalism and the way that they listen to feedback from their customer base truly makes this company great. I really look forward to continuing to work with them while they continue to make my car even more dialed in.

Thanks for the kind words. Regarding the sluggishness you're feeling, try to take a log of it acting that way. Just start the log and drive how you normally would to replicate the problem then stop the log. When you send in your WOT logs for the revision include that log and bring it up in the email and your tuner will take a look and see what he can do.

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
Thanks for the kind words. Regarding the sluggishness you're feeling, try to take a log of it acting that way. Just start the log and drive how you normally would to replicate the problem then stop the log. When you send in your WOT logs for the revision include that log and bring it up in the email and your tuner will take a look and see what he can do.
I know Alex told me he didn't touch anything below like 2000 to keep the factory mpg

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
Heres a 60-120 pull. 3rd and 4th gear. Not as ballsy as hoon lol not on that road anyway. Even when i swap back to my 93 tune because i needed to get gas im still very happy with the power and the delivery.

https://datazap.me/u/cameron1292/60...93-v20?log=0&data=1-2-4-5-7-10-17-18-19-20-37

EDIT:Not sure if the AP just refreshed slow but theres one spot in the log that looks odd. The shift from 3rd to 4th happens and the rpm stays in the 6ks, then tq and RPM drop. Almost like a slip. It felt fine and powerful. I took a video as well and theres no signs of it.

Last edited:

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Alex is going to want to kill me at this point, but i've decided i'm going to make some exhaust changes. The 3" catless DP into the stock catback doesn't sound great, it's heavy, and it smells terrible. I've ordered a high flow 3" cat, resonator, and straight through 3" muffler. Next weekend i'll fire up the TIG and make my own 3" stainless TBE. The cat will add a bit of restriction, but everything after the cat will flow better.

I hate to do this now with how awesome the car is running, but i'm sick of the exhaust tone and the girlfriend is sick of the smell. Plus i know i can drop a good amount of weight and put down some better times at the track / on the Dragy.

Squareroot

Passed Driver's Ed
Alex is going to want to kill me at this point, but i've decided i'm going to make some exhaust changes. The 3" catless DP into the stock catback doesn't sound great, it's heavy, and it smells terrible. I've ordered a high flow 3" cat, resonator, and straight through 3" muffler. Next weekend i'll fire up the TIG and make my own 3" stainless TBE. The cat will add a bit of restriction, but everything after the cat will flow better.

I hate to do this now with how awesome the car is running, but i'm sick of the exhaust tone and the girlfriend is sick of the smell. Plus i know i can drop a good amount of weight and put down some better times at the track / on the Dragy.

If you keep paying him I suspect he won't take issue with the change. Besides you couldn't be the first person to change their configuration late in the process.

Cameron1292

Ready to race!

Interesting you smell it so strong. What brand? I can barely smell mine only after I come to a stop at a light and then it's very faint. I'm straight back after that with a magnaflow magnapack where the stock resonator was.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Took some new logs with v1.0. this car is pulling a lot harder and the logs look pretty good, probably a decent amount of room for more power.

https://datazap.me/u/squareroot/log-1-v10?log=0&data=5-6

https://datazap.me/u/squareroot/log-2-v10?log=0&data=4-6

Both of your logs show a huge discrepancy between actual timing on Cyl 1 and Ignition table output degrees.

I don't know why (low octane table???) but you're actually running 3-5 degrees less timing than the ignition table, even when you don't have knock.

If you keep paying him I suspect he won't take issue with the change. Besides you couldn't be the first person to change their configuration late in the process.

I keep telling myself the car is done, but it never is. :rolleyes:

Interesting you smell it so strong. What brand? I can barely smell mine only after I come to a stop at a light and then it's very faint. I'm straight back after that with a magnaflow magnapack where the stock resonator was.

I'm running an eBay DP, but brand shouldn't matter, catless is catless.

I'm going to add a 200 cell cat to my current DP, Vibrant 3" resonator, Vibrant 3" muffler, and no tips...just two raw 3" pipes out the back. Ive ordered all the pipe, mandrel bends, etc. Only thing left to buy is 304 stainless hangers.

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
Anyone really mess around with Cobbs tc and lc? I haven't tried launch control since I've been tuned. Stock system used to hold at like 4200 and just buzz like a revving diesel. Now it bounces at 4k and sounds pretty damn good. Tried it today with default settings on. 4k launch and default tc which I assume is 4 for strat. I had horrendous wheel spin lol the power its putting down easily makes this a 4 second car if I had zero slip. BIG IF lol As you can see in the video below you'd think I had oil on my tires lol they are less than 5k miles old and pretty meaty. and I did in fact feather the throttle. You can see at the end of second it caught because I let off a bit. Might be asking a lot to have a quick off the line fwd car with close to 400wtq lol guess I'll have to skip the strip on Fridays and hit it Sundays for roll racing.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkbOr7NhMaN/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=l5v675rydkle

Last edited:

Squareroot

Passed Driver's Ed
Both of your logs show a huge discrepancy between actual timing on Cyl 1 and Ignition table output degrees.

I don't know why (low octane table???) but you're actually running 3-5 degrees less timing than the ignition table, even when you don't have knock.

I keep telling myself the car is done, but it never is. :rolleyes:

I'm running an eBay DP, but brand shouldn't matter, catless is catless.

I'm going to add a 200 cell cat to my current DP, Vibrant 3" resonator, Vibrant 3" muffler, and no tips...just two raw 3" pipes out the back. Ive ordered all the pipe, mandrel bends, etc. Only thing left to buy is 304 stainless hangers.

Thanks for taking a look! I need to stop weighing in because my knowledge is limited. Are you saying you believe my fuel is not achieving the octane rating I'm tuned for? I'm paying the 70 cent per gallon premium for shell 93 so I hope you are wrong!

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Thanks for taking a look! I need to stop weighing in because my knowledge is limited. Are you saying you believe my fuel is not achieving the octane rating I'm tuned for? I'm paying the 70 cent per gallon premium for shell 93 so I hope you are wrong!

Alex can give you more info on this, but i suspect you're on a low octane table or something. Something weird is going on, Strat is commanding timing and the car isn't running any...yet you still have flecks of knock even with extremely low timing. Either the fuel is shit or the knock isn't real. Next step is to figure out which. Put 2 gallons of E85 in the car, fill the rest with 93 and see if the knock disappears.

For what it's worth, I had awful results with V-Power 93.

It might be great for cleaning, but in my experience it sucks for making power. Set my pump gas tuning back a few weeks.

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showpost.php?p=607805&postcount=403

Alex@Stratified

Go Kart Newbie
Alex can give you more info on this, but i suspect you're on a low octane table or something. Something weird is going on, Strat is commanding timing and the car isn't running any...yet you still have flecks of knock even with extremely low timing. Either the fuel is shit or the knock isn't real. Next step is to figure out which. Put 2 gallons of E85 in the car, fill the rest with 93 and see if the knock disappears.

For what it's worth, I had awful results with V-Power 93.

It might be great for cleaning, but in my experience it sucks for making power. Set my pump gas tuning back a few weeks.

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showpost.php?p=607805&postcount=403

Keep in mind that the table output for ignition is simply the base table. All compensations are applied after that and the final output is the Cyl X Ign timing. There are compensations for temperature, knock, etc. that are applied to the base timing table.