GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mod friendly dealer in Austin TX

flip7

Ready to race!
Does anyone know a mod friendly dealer in Austin?

Does anyone know if Charles Maund VW is friendly?

I have a battery warranty issue, and don't want to mess with the mods if I don't have to :D:D:D

AlienSP

Ready to race!
Although nothing is guaranteed, Hewlett is about the best you're going to get in ATX. Ask for Tyler in Service. I bought from Maund, but if anything goes south for a warranty, I'll go to Hewlett based on other local recommendations.

flip7

Ready to race!
Did flash back to stock prior to dealer visit.

It was for a dead battery issue which took them three hours to diag and convince themselves.

Not bashing, just sayin'

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

dmazyn

Passed Driver's Ed
I just took my GTI in for faulty keyless system. I did some audio work in the door and got a fault about the kessy control module being faulty. I took it to Charles Maund VW the tech got the module replaced by VW under warranty.

I still have what seems to be a bad antenna in the driver door he asked if I wanted them to look at it but would charge 135 for Diag. I said no thanks I wanted to get out before they decided to say the work I did caused the module to fail. The tech did say the module could of failed due to a short while I was doing my work but would not say anything.

This is the first time I had the GTI in for service but CM seems like a good place.

AlienSP

Ready to race!
Sorry to hear that Flip. Here's my experience. Bought mine from Maund; went in for the 10k service (free) at Maund as well. I also mentioned that the stereo would always start on some obscure station not in my original programming. Although I was waiting #2 in line (7:15AM) and had an appointment, my car went immediately to the radio-fix guy and later an oil change behind everyone else. Made it out by 10:45. It's been Brink and Hewlett ever since.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Brink is great. Very prompt.
When I had issues with the APR tune, they had no problem test driving multiple times and doing diagnostics at no cost. Ended up being the tune itself which was then updated by APR.

GTIjush

Passed Driver's Ed
Maund is not mod friendly, I asked my service advisor how the dealership handled modded vehicles last time I went in for a rattle- took them a week to not fix it. Ridiculous.

D

Deleted member 112626

Hewlett sucks. Don't go there for service. They somehow managed to spill oil all over the engine cover during an oil change and scratched all four wheels during a tire rotation.

And they have no clue how to put back the door panel properly. The panel clip didn't go all the way in, leaving a huge gap between the door panel and the door shell. Tech claimed that it's just like that from factory when asked about it. Then I showed that monkey what it looked like on the other side...