GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Are subies owners all dueche bags

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
I just left a cars and coffee event and I couldn't even get near some of the well built WRXs the vape cloud was so thick. I'm not actually sure it's the owners, so much as the fan boys that fit the terrible stereotypes.

The VW community wasn't exactly well represented either; all stance bros with air ride and plastidipped everything. There was a nice Corrado and a turbo gen 4 R32 worth seeing though.

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
I just left a cars and coffee event and I couldn't even get near some of the well built WRXs the vape cloud was so thick. I'm not actually sure it's the owners, so much as the fan boys that fit the terrible stereotypes.

The VW community wasn't exactly well represented either; all stance bros with air ride and plastidipped everything. There was a nice Corrado and a turbo gen 4 R32 worth seeing though.

Every car community has the "Stage 2" vape bros, with their plastidip and blow off valves.

If you want to see the worst/best of it go to H20i one year.

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE/DSG
That's about how my encounters have been, all the evo guys have been cool.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

That's been my experience as well... ;)

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Evos were made in less quantity. Also, they held their value quite well too so the vape bros could never afford them. I think most people who bought them just never sold them either. I just looked at CL and not a single one was under $20k.

Plus they respond better to mods than Subies do.

MK7Davey

Passed Driver's Ed
Most of the subie owner's where I am just ignore me as I drive by, however I do enjoy the couple that rev at me or fly by and then refuse to do a roll when it's totally open road because they think I don't stand a chance.. :rolleyes: I've seen some built ones here at meets as well but I never see them on the road. Figures as much..

Trancebolt

Ready to race!
Id be a subaru owner if the interiors werent so plebian... Evo/STIs both have terribly austere interiors. That sort of performance w/ no fluff, sort of attracts a certain type of person. Always loved Lancers too. Despite the interior. It just doesnt fit my image well.

There are alot of people that dont fit the image(for lack of better words) of the cars they buy. Its much less with manual only cars like Focus/Fiesta FTs, but normal people still buy cars that dont match their personality or image. So stereotypes are true sometimes.... other times not

Your car can drive you, instead of you driving your car. This is something most Subie and Lancer drivers are not defined by, and is more correct of a stereotype for VW/Audi 4wd buyers

elwood1

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2024 GTI SE DSG
The day I picked up my STI (Limited Edition, no wing), while I was driving it home from the dealer, a guy in a GTI pulled up next to me on the Edens and revved it while looking at me. My son was with me, and he just looked at me like wtf? Every community has their db's.

jako

i had a STI for 6 months it was shooting a spark plug out of the block sold the car quick, bought a 2017 GLI it was a lemon...... now i have a 2018 GTI so far so good.

btw i still prefer my GTI over my STI. also feels faster and safer.

A2MK7

Passed Driver's Ed
I can't get a Subie to race me even if I tried in my area. I should put a sticker that says "Stock Tune" on my car and then maybe they will play.

i Ran a STI the other night was kinda of a no contest after 3rd gear. He pulled up next to me and his friend in the passenger seat was like damn you got beat by a hatch back XD, Good guy though.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Ya I have met a few since and they were really cool just the one guy really put a bad taste with his arrogance and stuff, but I understand and know every car group has the bad apples
i Ran a STI the other night was kinda of a no contest after 3rd gear. He pulled up next to me and his friend in the passenger seat was like damn you got beat by a hatch back XD, Good guy though.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk