GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Pure White GTI / Golf Thread

Hexxum001

Ready to race!
i'd get rid of mine even though it's mandatory, but i tried and left behind a bunch of ugly holes and scuffmarks :(
The holes can be filled but then you are just begging to get pulled over. Trust me, it's not worth the hassle. I hate my front plate but not enough to have to deal with a fix-it ticket for not having a front plate.

allan1229

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk7 gti
IMG_20161227_121328.jpg

t1m1t

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI Sport
He's in California. Front plate is mandatory here unfortunately. :(

I'm in California too. As stated, it is mandatory to have front plates, but my past three cars have not had a front plate (including my GTI), as well as my mother's cars. Both have yet to be pulled over for a fix-it ticket (knock on wood). I guess it really depends on which area you're in and the attitude of the police within that area.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Easier for PO to identify the car.

xl1200r

Ready to race!
What is the purpose given why front plates needed?
I wonder if people voted would it change?
Would need a good safety reason to keep I would think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

No safety reason, but for the popo to ID the car. And now more than ever, with many having plate scanners facing front and rear, the officer can be alerted to a car driving with an expired or stolen tag, or if the owner has a revoked license, warrant, etc, automatically, from behind or in front.

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
The best! I fell in love with owning and maintaining a white vehicle with my 2012 TDI, it was Pure White or Reflex, ironically enough my salesmen sends me a picture of the truck with one of each on it haha. I choose white immediately upon seeing in person of course. About to get a 2 stage paint correction to reduce the orange peel that seems to be a bit more abundant than it was on my Mk6. Topping that off with PPF on the front bumper, hood, and mirror caps. Then Ceramic Pro silver package. So far, as I see more and more on the road, Pure White is my pick for best worn color on the Mk7. Of course, to each his own. Reds are starting to look better and better too. I plan to upgrade my engine and trans mounts first, as I am stock and already not happy with the soft mounts the car comes with. I enjoyed poly mounts on my TDI, girlfriends didn't haha. I then plan to buy tails shortly there after or at the same time. Maybe a resonator delete or some other exhaust voodoo. I can't seem to find an exhaust that I like that isn't $$$. Turbo muffler delete is also on the list. Stay shiny my friends!

Matthewpt

Ready to race!
Installed MF CBE

Attachments

• IMG_1453-2.jpg
    IMG_1453-2.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 2,157

TwoLaneBlacktop

Passed Driver's Ed
Guess I'll join the ranks. My Neuspeed RSe07s arrive today, install tomorrow. Here's as she stands right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk