GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone retrofitted Sat Nav to their Mk7?

Mike.B

OEM navigation updates for the 'Discover Navigation' & 'Discover Navigation Pro' units are free.

As stated above OEM Sat Nav updates are free!

Tried all the smart phone sat nav apps and can honestly say I wouldn't be without my OEM Sat Nav... With the OEM sat nav there is no monthly contract cost, no monthly data usage allowance, nothing to plug in or connect, nothing perched on the dash or suckered to the windscreen. All in all you probably pay a lot of money for your free smart phone Sat Nav.

Baz_doc if it's what you want and it's reasonable cost and practical to do go for it..

Last edited:

marvin1

Ready to race!
As stated above OEM Sat Nav updates are free!

Tried all the smart phone sat nav apps and can honestly say I wouldn't be without my OEM Sat Nav... With the OEM sat nav there is no monthly contract cost, no monthly data usage allowance, nothing to plug in or connect, nothing perched on the dash or suckered to the windscreen. All in all you probably pay a lot of money for your free smart phone Sat Nav.

Baz_doc if it's what you want and it's reasonable cost and practical to do go for it..

Yes but having downloaded them where does one put them? You cannot just buy the appropriated size SD card from 'anywhere' as only VW ones work and I would not risk losing or corrupting the existing data.