GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2018 FORMULA 1 SEASON

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
Was one of the most boring GP untill the rain hit. Once it started raining it became one of the most exciting races of the season with a bunch of action. I was jumping for joy when Vettel hit the wall!!!

I quite disagree. With the threat of rain, everyone unsure when to pit and Lewis stretching Softs to 41 laps with the risk of a blow out, I was quite glued to my phone.

Its the uncertainty that kept me glued. This is why I wish races were 2.5 stops and refuelling came back. That recipe would negate the need for DRS and these bloody hybrids motors.

Seb wrecking his race also helped.

95gto

Go Kart Newbie
I expected somebody to get taken out by the rain but not Seb and not like that. Hamilton definitely caught a break, but he also ran a great race and the strategy was spot on.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
I expected somebody to get taken out by the rain but not Seb and not like that. Hamilton definitely caught a break, but he also ran a great race and the strategy was spot on.

I, too, jumped in excitement when I saw the camera cut to Vettel in the barriers. Then I heard the onboard and I really felt for him. It really would've been a great victory, especially with Sergio being ill.

And for the record, I expected Grosjean to take out a bunch of people.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
Yeah that's what I was thinking.
But after reading a couple of articles, I think there was more to it than that.
Apparently he had shoulder issues for years and was more recently diagnosed with some sort of shoulder "cancer", and the procedure was actually part of treatment and even a tad high-risk.
He slipped into a coma during the operation and suffered severe brain damage from that he could not recover.
This is just from what I remember reading...not sure of the validity.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
Soooo, Ricciardo to Renault?
I don't fanatically follow F1 news but I didn't see that one coming...

I mean I guess he could be worried about the Red Bull switch to Honda,
or maybe he hates Max haha,
or maybe he just knows something we don't and feel is like it is the right move.

Regardless I think he will still be around for a while and as long as he performs well top teams will definitely still have an interest in him.
I wouldn't mind seeing him take Kimi's place eventually...